51 Best Homework Excuses (Serious, Funny, Strict Teachers)
Homework. No one wants to do it. But no one wants to get in trouble either. So, here are some of the best homework excuses that are serious, funny, and might even work for strict teachers!
As a teacher myself, I’ve heard most of these excuses. I laughed at a few and rolled my eyes at most.
At the end of the day, you’re only going to get away with not doing homework if you’ve got a solid excuse and a bunch of evidence to back it up. Good luck!
Read Also: 27 Pros and Cons of Homework
Cliché Homework Excuses
These are terrible homework excuses that, really, students should avoid. They might be fun to use, but most of them have been over-used. Your teacher won’t believe you unless you’ve brought some evidence along with you.
1. My Dog ate my Homework. Look, no one’s ever going to believe this one. Maybe avoid it unless you want to spend lunch time inside catching up.
2. My Computer Broke. This one’s more believable but it’s been over-used. Thanks to all the liars out there, this homework excuse is well and truly ruined.
3. My Mom Forgot It. Nothing like blaming your mother for your own failures. Most teachers would probably tell you to take a little personal responsibility and send you on your way.
4. The Internet was Out. As believable as any excuse, your teacher might tell you that you’d better buy yourself an old hardback encyclopedia.
5. My Grandma Died. Again. The oldest excuse in the book, I always ask for evidence of this. Some people seem to have 15 grandmas.
6. The Older Kids Took it off me and Tore it Up. Chances are, your teacher’s going to be very concerned by this. They might even escalate this to a disciplinary issue!
Related: A List of Extension Excuses for College Students
Funny Homework Excuses
These ones might get a laugh out of your teacher and your classmates. But, you’re not likely to get out of trouble in the long run.
7. My Mother wanted to Display it on the Fridge. You might get a few laughs from your friends out of this one. But, your teacher is going to tell you to go home, take it off the fridge, and bring it to class!
8. The Police Confiscated it as Evidence. This one might make your teacher pause and wonder. Why is it confiscated? Is it so poorly written that the police consider it an outrage? Maybe your joke will deflect them from punishing you, though.
9. I was Abducted by Aliens and They took It. If your teacher believes this one, let me know. I’ve got some air guitars to sell them.
10. I sent it to you in the Post. In this day and age, you might have to tell your teacher they should wait a few months to it arrive. The postal service isn’t what it used to be.
11. My Dad mistook it for a Letter and Posted it to China. Funny, but clearly not true. Your teacher is going to ask one simple question: why is your dad sending letters to China?
12. I had to burn it in the Fireplace to keep myself Warm. Like Pablo Escobar burning cash, you’ve thrown caution to the wind and thrown your homework book into the fire because, well, if you didn’t, you wouldn’t have survived the freezing cold night.
13. It flew out the Window of the Car. Just picture it. You’re frantically doing your homework on the drive to school. Your dad winds down the window and – woosh – the homework’s gone for good. And class is in just 15 minutes!
14. I thought I’d do it Tomorrow because I’ll be Older and Wiser Then. A clever joke, but you’re probably going to be known as the class clown from that moment onwa rd!
15. I did my Work. It’s all Up Here in my Head. Be prepared for your teacher to give you a snap quiz on the spot if you’re bold enough to say you’ve got it all in your head! But, if you pull it off, maybe you’ll get away without too much trouble.
16. I didn’t do it because I didn’t want to add to your Workload. Sure, it sounds nice, but your teacher will see right through this cheeky response. But hey, when you’ve got nothing to lose it’s worth a try.
17. My Hand fell Asleep and I didn’t want to Wake It. Imagine you were trying so hard to do your homework and write down those answers. But, your hand just wouldn’t obey your command!
18. My Cat ate it knowing that I’d Blame the Dog. This one’s a funny twist on “my dog ate my homework” that might just get a laugh out of your teacher (and a little bit of leniency).
Related: Excuses for Skipping Class in College
Excuses For Strict Teachers
Okay, here’s where things get serious. If you’ve got a teacher who you know is going to be mad, you need to come into this with a plan. Usually, that means providing evidence to support your excuse.
19. I was Sick. And I have a Sick Note. Being sick (genuinely!) is one of the few reasons for not doing your homework that might actually work. You’re going to want to be able to present a note from your parent and maybe even a doctor.
20. My Mother or Father went to Hospital. And here’s the Sick Note. If your mom or dad is in hospital, chances are you’re going to get a free pass. Bring evidence, even if it’s a photo of dad in the hospital bed with tubes coming out of his nose!
21. My Computer Screen Broke. And here’s a Picture. I’ve actually gotten this one from students a few times and it really took me back. I thought: “is this legit, or is this image from 3 years ago?” A receipt from the computer repair store with a date on it is usually a better piece of evidence. But then again, why didn’t you go to the library?
22. The computer broke, but here are my hand-written notes. I’m usually pretty impressed by this excuse. Your computer broke, but you still made the effort to give the homework a go anyway. Great resilience!
23. The wi-fi didn’t work, but here are my hand-written notes. This excuse is very similar to the previous one. If you turn up with nothing and say the wi-fi broke, the teacher probably won’t accept that excuse. But if you actually tried to write some notes anyway, well done!
24. I wasn’t here when the work was assigned. This is an excellent homework excuse for strict teachers. It’s really quite legitimate. How were you supposed to know you had homework!?
25. I tried, but I didn’t understand the Instructions. This puts the onus back on the teacher. Why didn’t they provide clearer instructions? It’s usually a good idea to show some evidence that you at least gave it a go, though.
26. I volunteer at the soup kitchen on Monday Nights. Everyone loves a good Samaritan. If it gets you out of homework, well, that’s just the universe giving you good karma.
27. I’m so sorry. I thought it was right here in my Bag! This one helps show that it at least is a genuine mistake.
28. I had way too much Homework for my other Class. Follow this one up with “You should talk to that teacher about how their overbearing homework requirements are impacting your students!”
29. The Library was Closed and I don’t have Internet at Home. This one might get you a little more sympathy. The fact you don’t have internet at home means you’re not as privileged as many other kids, so your teacher might let you off lightly.
Related: Fun Things to do when Bored in Class
Truthful Homework Excuses
30. I was too busy doing something more important. Your teacher is instantly going to say “what was more important than your education?” Don’t respond with “video games.”
31. My parents kept me really busy on the weekend. But I promise I’ll do it tonight. One thing I would say about this excuse is that you’re saying “Hey, take it up with my parents. I wanted to do some homework!” But, you’re also saying you’ve got a plan to get it done asap.
32. I was at football practice all night. Many teachers will still say “learning comes before sports” (which, as a teacher, I agree with). But, you’ve got a leg to stand on here. You don’t want to let your team down, which is fair.
33. I did my homework, but I left it at home. This excuse does show that you at least put the effort in. But, you failed at the finish line! Come to class tomorrow with the homework and you’ll win back some respect from your teacher.
34. I forgot I even had homework. Hey, it’s truthful. But you’re not going to get any sympathy for this one.
35. The computer didn’t break. It was the Printer this time! An excuse that’s almost as bad as “my computer broke”, the printer issues excuse at least needs some photographic evidence to back it up. And, why didn’t you email the homework to your teacher?
36. I had a Headache. Headaches are the worst. As a teacher myself, I’d probably have a little sympathy for this excuse if it’s a one-off. But, I’d expect my student to bring a note from the parent to corroborate the story.
37. The homework was far too Easy. This isn’t a good reason not to do homework. Your teacher is going to expect you to absolutely ace your next test.
38. My tutor accidentally took it home with them. Nothing like blaming your tutor for your own problems. As a teacher, I’d probably roll my eyes and tell you that you need to keep better track of your things.
39. I accidentally squished it in the bottom of my bag and now it’s got rotten apple juice all over it. This one’s funny to me because, well, as a kid this always used to happen to me. Rotten bananas were usually the culprit.
40. I spilled cereal all over it because I was doing it over breakfast. This sounds believable. I would tell my student the should at least show me the ruined homework as evidence. And, I’d also tell them that breakfast isn’t the best time to do your homework.
See a List of 11 Homework Statistics
Blame the Parents
41. My parents don’t believe in homework and won’t let me do it. There are some parents like this. If a student said this to me, I’d be on the phone to the parents. So, if you don’t want your teacher to call your parents, don’t use this excuse.
42. My mother said band practice was more important. It’s really hard for teachers to argue with parents via the student. But in my experience the teacher usually responds with: “you need to have better organization skills to get all of these things done in your own time!”
43. I help my father at work on a Tuesday afternoon. I just can’t get it done on Tuesdays. Once again, the teacher is likely going to tell you to have more organization skills. But, you might occasionally get an extension out of this. Especially if you let the teacher know in advance.
44. My father looked at it, said it was outrageous government indoctrination, and told me not to do it. While I think this is hilarious, it’s also something that happens a lot these days. Why is this world so divided? Science isn’t controversial, people!
45. My mother was looking over my homework and forgot to give it back to me. Okay, time for me to put my teacher voice on: “She didn’t forget to give it back to you. You forgot to ask for it back.”
46. My mother threw it in the trash. This must have been frustrating to you! A teacher with a quick wit will respond: “it shouldn’t have looked like trash then. You must have done a bad job!” Or, a more serious teacher might just tell you that you need to be more organized net time.
Blame the Teachers
47. You give too much Homework. There are plenty of people out there in this world who think teachers do give too much homework. They believe it’s not fair and it’s preventing children from leading a balanced and healthy life.
48. Your instructions are impossible to understand. This one really puts the pressure back on the teacher because you’re basically telling them that they’re bad at their job.
49. This was way too hard for me. You need to give me more guidance. Sometimes, it’s true, teachers do assign homework that’s way too hard. You do need to be resourceful and find ways to learn yourself. But at the same time, the teacher really should know better.
50. The homework is too easy. It’s a complete waste of my time. Assigning homework is like playing Goldilocks. It can’t be too hard, can’t be too easy.
51. Between you and all my other teachers, you’re assigning hours of homework every night. You all need to get together and resolve this. This one’s surely going to set a cat amongst the pigeons. The teachers are going to talk about this at their next staff meeting. But, they might coordinate and come back at you as a united front!
FAQ: How to Get Out of Doing Homework?
The best ways to get out of doing homework are to:
- Let the teacher know in advance that you won’t be able to do it. Teachers respond better when you give them an excuse before time, not after.
- Bring evidence of why you didn’t do it. If you want your teacher to truly believe your excuse, you need evidence. This can be notes, photos, receipts, or anything else proving your story is true.
Really, the best way to avoid any issues is to just do the homework in the first place. But if you’re reading this article, chances are the horses have left the stable. You’re at a stage where you’ve got to come up with an excuse because in 10 minutes your teacher is going to be asking you why you haven’t done anything!
Well, good luck with that! I hope you don’t get into too much trouble, but I also hope you learn that next time the best solution is to just get that homework done in advance.
Chris Drew (PhD)
Dr. Chris Drew is the founder of the Helpful Professor. He holds a PhD in education and has published over 20 articles in scholarly journals. He is the former editor of the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. [Image Descriptor: Photo of Chris]
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ 13 Secondary Data Examples
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ 31 Instinct Examples (In Humans and Animals)
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ Montessori vs Reggio Emilia vs Steiner-Waldorf vs Froebel
- Chris Drew (PhD) https://helpfulprofessor.com/author/admin/ 15 Meritocracy Examples
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
The 100 FUNNIEST Excuses For Not Doing Homework, Courtesy of My Students
Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework by Jane Morris
Students throw out all kinds of excuses for not getting their homework done! From believable excuses to the tried and true classic “ my dog ate it” , teachers hear a lot of excuses every damn day.
It doesn’t help that by now, the behavioral expectations for students have become so loose that students can pretty much say whatever they want without consequence. These days, the excuses are that much more interesting. (And honest.)
Over the course of nearly two decades of teaching, I heard every homework excuse in the book. Better yet, I’ve saved my favorites! And rounded them up here for your viewing pleasure.
So let’s share in the giggles together! I’ve rounded up 100 of the BEST homework excuses I’ve ever heard. The laughs are good for the soul.
And probably your patience too! Some of these you’ve likely heard before. There might not be a lot of foolproof excuses for not doing your homework, but there sure are a lot of fools that come up with some real stinkers!
So for your enjoyment (and definitely not to be actually used in a real-life classroom), here are 100 odd, creative, nonsensical, and hilarious excuses from students for not doing their homework!
You stone-cold bastard.
100 Funniest Excuses for Not Doing Homework: A Story of Student Shenanigans
If it’s your first day in the teaching profession , you might think homework excuses are few and far between. At the very least, you might think students bother making good excuses.
Well, you’d be wrong on both counts! You will be fed excuse after excuse from students for not having finished their homework, and very few of them will sound believable.
So new teachers, pay attention! Here is some of the ludicrousness you can expect from your class. And it WILL be on the test.
As for all my kindred season educators, sit back and enjoy the ride! Maybe grab a moist towelette…
Cause it’s about to get juicy.
Homework Excuses That Are Pure Nonsense!
Man, kids say the silliest things to teachers . From being arrested by the FBI to simply having a gross pimple, the excuses for not having done homework often make no sense…
But they are highly entertaining!
- I got this thing where I can’t read.
- I was arrested by the FBI but it was a case of mistaken identity!
- The microwave was erasing all of my work and that’s why it was all turned in blank.
- I swear I did the work but the answers kept falling off my paper!
- My homework ate my dog!
- The elf on the shelf erased it.
- I had a crusty pimple.
- An electrostatic spark tore a hole in the space-time continuum. My paper was transported back through time and was found and published by a random person. Now I have to redo my assignment because it would be plagiarism to hand in my original.
- I care about trees too much to use paper.
- A gang broke into my house and stole the bag it was in.
- The military accidentally blew it up.
- My water bottle spilled in my backpack and it turned my homework into a brick of ice overnight.
- I did all my other homework and at that point, I needed personal time.
- I died in a car crash.
- I don’t care about homework because I don’t care about education.
- I was cooking grilled cheese and it was the last two pieces of bread and I burnt it and then I was really sad and I couldn’t do anything.
- I kept sneezing and picking the wrong answers because of that and I got frustrated so I just stopped doing it.
Excuses, Accidents, and Bathroom Mishaps
Look, we’ve all had a “little accident” . Only the worst teacher in the world would deny a student the facts of life.
But personal issues that maybe should stay personal are a go-to for slackers. Some funny homework excuses concern the crapper, and now we’re going to laugh at them. Take that, slackers!
- I was dealing with the ghost in the bathroom.
- I was taking a phat shit and it took forever.
- I had Taco Bell so I was in the bathroom the whole night.
- I took a crap and it stunk so I had to take a shower but then I had to crap again and then I showered again.
- I was really constipated.
- My mom forgot to buy toilet paper so I had to use my homework.
- I was doing it in my jacuzzi and it fell in.
- I had too many Hot Cheetos and had to ravage my toilet all night.
Mysterious Illnesses and TMI Reasons for Not Doing Homework
Your student’s poop schedule is one bit of TMI you could probably do without. Look, the uncomfortable truth of the teaching profession is that there will be poops, pees, spews, and TOO much information. The funniest homework excuses usually overspecify…
It comes with the territory. So whenever one of these incredibly questionable yet incredibly funny excuses for not doing homework rolls your way, the best thing you can do is jot it down.
So that, one day, you can put it in a blog post on the internet. Guilty!
- I was eating Takis in the car on the way here and I rubbed my eyes and had to pull over.
- My part was really itchy and I needed a shower.
- I dropped it in the toilet after I had gone to the bathroom.
- I was in intensive care having fluid drained from my lungs because I had pneumonia that I got when I was hit by a car.
- I had heart surgery last night (1st grader).
Excuses About Family Issues, Problems, and EMerghencies
We, as teachers bound to our duty, MUST be sensitive to the family issues and home lives of our students…
Unless they’re just making up excuses to get out of doing their homework! A solid fib about family issues is a classic reason students use to skip homework.
Now, will parents ever take responsibility for their kids not doing their homework? No, of course not! Parents will blame teachers. It’s their go-to M.O.
So next time you hear one of these clankers, note it down and feed it back to the parents. That’ll throw a spanner in the wheels of the little turds!
- I had to take my Nana out for cigarettes.
- I had to help my mom put the cucumbers in the fridge.
- I was practicing playing guitar so I could play a song for my mom’s birthday.
- My mom needed help putting cucumbers in the fridge.
- My sister broke my Chromebook screen because I wouldn’t give her a hug.
- My parents had diarrhea.
- My mom didn’t have time to do it.
- My dad said he doesn’t believe in homework so I don’t have to do it.
- My stepmom died again last night (for the 10th time).
- My dad made me watch TV instead.
- My dad ran it over with his truck.
- My mom drank too much beer to help me with it.
- My mom has radiation poisoning from Chernobyl and it messed up my brain.
- My grandma got lost at the mall and it took us hours to find her.
- My stepdad had a hook in his arm.
- My grandmother wouldn’t give me back my textbook which she had taken in retaliation for the theft of her wooden leg.
- My grandma accidentally took it with her to Mexico.
- I did the homework the day you gave it to us, except then my dad sold all of our notebooks.
- My grandpa said the work is stupid and you’re a moron.
Loving All the Funny Homework Excuses?
Because the Teacher Misery book is jammed full of hilarity like this!
Before there was a Teacher Misery site, there was a Teacher Misery book.
It tells the stories of a well and truly fed-up teacher who’s ready to dish on all the dirty little secrets the school system doesn’t want you to know.
Read the book that started it all!
Then see if you want to keep teaching. ;)
Making Excuses About Special Events
“Damn, Miss, I was in Europe over the weekend.”
“Oh, you went for a weekend trip abroad as a 14-year-old? My apologies, allow me to rescind your homework requirements then.”
I honestly don’t know what some students are thinking with these reasons. But the stupidest homework excuses are my favorite. You can just let the kid talk and dig their own hole!
Perhaps, eventually, one of these definitely totally believable excuses will be the final straw for your inevitable nervous breakdown. But until then, just keep quoting them verbatim as teacher comments on their report cards .
Maybe one day someone will actually bother to read those things.
- I was getting married in the Sims and completely lost track of time.
- It was my birthday and I just wanted to get my hair done and get a cake.
- I was planning a funeral for my frog.
- I had to take down Halloween decorations.
- I had to get my nails done for prom.
- It was my bird’s birthday.
- I had to travel to Europe to stop WW3.
- I was at the beach and they didn’t have good WiFi.
- I was packing for the vacation I’ll be on for the next three weeks. Can I have the work I’ll miss?
- I had to brush my hair.
Extremely Honest Reasons to Not Do Homework
Look, sometimes all you really need to do is be honest . Did you not do your homework because you smoked a bowl and got marooned on the sofa with cartoons?
Screw it! Just tell the teacher that. Maybe they’ll give you a pass for your winning smile alone!
Much like all the ridiculous reasons to visit the school nurse , sometimes, the best reasons for not doing your homework require honesty.
What could possi-blye go wrong!
- I have no time management skills. On the bright side, I watched all of season 1 of Stranger Things today!
- I was eating Toaster Strudels.
- My 24-hour ban from Call of Duty ended today and I need to get some rounds in.
- My favorite soccer team lost.
- I was smoking weed with my friends and the next thing I knew it was morning and I had to come to school again.
- It just didn’t fit into my schedule today.
- I’m just, like, really lazy.
- I had better things to do.
- We thought it was Saturday yesterday.
- I don’t need to do homework because NCAA scouts have been coming to see me play and I’m gonna get a scholarship.
- I had to go to church but I’m pretty sure God will understand.
Animal Problems – “My Dog Ate My Homework” and Other Variants
I’m not saying your students are animals (though they certainly behave like animals ).
I AM saying that students will make excuse after excuse for not doing their homework courtesy of their pets. They’re the perfect culprit! Who’s ever going to interrogate your furry friend for cross-examination?
Only the teachers who are crazy enough. ;)
- My dog peed on my laptop and it took a few days to dry.
- My cat ran over the keyboard and deleted the whole thing.
- My dog doesn’t like going to the bathroom alone so I had to watch him and he took forever.
- We had a cow in labor, and it was stuck in the hips of the cow, and I couldn’t get it out myself.
- I was with my new guinea pig and it was really distracting.
- The dog pooped and my baby brother fell in it.
- I accidentally locked my cat with my brother’s cat, and I don’t know if my cat got pregnant, but I think she is because she tried to go under my bed, and she never does that.
- There was a roach on the floor so I couldn’t get down off the bed the whole afternoon.
- My dog had puppies on top of my book bag and it was gross so my dad threw my book bag away.
- My cat threw up on it.
- My duck pooped on it.
- My dad accidentally threw my project away and a raccoon went into the trash can and destroyed it.
- My friend’s cat is having an abortion.
- A donkey ate it.
- The squirrels on the roof were distracting me.
- My dog died three years ago.
- I was doing a photo shoot with my bunny.
- My dog looked sad.
- I was doing my homework outside and a bird grabbed it and flew away.
- I got attacked by a raccoon on the way to school and he only went for the homework and ate it in front of me.
- My pet parrot flew into the fireplace and caught on fire. It then proceeded to fly around the room, and his dad tried to hit it with a frying pan because he was afraid the curtains would go up in flames if the parrot went close to them. With all the drama, I forgot to do my homework.
- My grandmother’s potbelly pig ate my homework.
- I got distracted shopping online for furniture for my turtle.
Funny Homework Excuses and Technical Difficulties
Oh, man – I saw some whoppers of excuses in the remote learning era of COVID-19!
Technical difficulties are the perfect excuse students make to skip out on their homework. They think they’re more tech-savvy than teachers…
Little did they know that a teacher’s BS-meter is far more finely calibrated than their excuses will ever be!
- Google erased my work.
- I don’t have internet access (sent in an email).
- I just kept hitting the submit button over and over and over and it didn’t make a click sound or anything.
- My mom threw my “lab top” out the window and when I went outside to get it, it was gone.
- I accidentally lit my Chromebook on fire
- My dog peed on my Chromebook.
Already Read the Teacher Misery Book?
If you loved the first dish, then this is straight-up dessert.
If you haven’t tried the first dish, no worries!
You can read the sequel all the same.
Keep the series on your coffee table to lure house guests into asking about your life as a teacher before trauma-dumping on them. After all, they asked!
The Final Excuse for Not Doing Your Homework…
- “But, Miss! You said to do questions 1-10. You didn’t say bring them in!”
Check and mate.
Thus concludes our list of the 100 funniest excuses for not doing their homework, all thanks to the countless students who skipped out on their work.
Stay on guard though. With the rise of AI and homework excuse generators , the excuses only get more advanced!
To be fair, this is still better than 95 of the other excuses in this post.
So stay switched on out there! If it’s not funny excuses for not doing homework, it’s straight-up silly reasons for being absent and everything else under the sun.
Jot them down, collect them, and then (if you’re feeling spicy), post them in the comments down below. Why stop at 100? Gotta catch ’em all!
Stay miserable out there, teacherinos. The excuses and excuses never stop coming! So maybe come up with your own…
“Oh, no, sorry, Lucy. I CAN’T return your confiscated phone. My dog ate it.”
Yahtzee, you little turd.
Jane Morris, Author
She has written several highly acclaimed books unpacking the reality of teaching and life inside the school system. You can view her full library of works here .
Attention! Some of the links present in this article may be affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through the link, we might generate a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Additionally, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through the links. All of this revenue goes back into Teacher Misery and the mission of improving it and the lives of teachers everywhere. As always, thank you for all your support! :)))
Leave A Comment
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
FUNNIEST Teacher Jokes: Snappy Student Comebacks and Cheesy Quips for Kids
50 Funny Exam Answers by Students (Guaranteed to Make You LOL)
Writing Report Card Comments: A Teacher’s Cheat sheet for SUCCESS
The Top 10 WORST Teachers Ever (Grab Your Popcorn!)
Subscribe to teacher misery.
Join the Teacher Misery newsletter and never miss a new post, book release, or teacher secret!
New User? Start here.
Funniest Excuses You Can Cite for Not Doing Your Homework
Table of Contents
The life of students is quite funny. As teachers keep assigning tasks to students, they keep on coming up with innovative excuses at the same pace. While the excuses were limited to health and family issues a decade back, today’s students are getting more creative with justifications.
Some of them are believable, while others are not.
Doing homework helps one get acquainted with the topic, which helps in gaining knowledge and performing well in exams. The fact that good assignments lead to elevating grades is not new, yet students make excuses for not doing it.
Some common reasons include insufficient time, electricity breakout, or health issues. Once in a while, it can be true, but some students have adapted to the habit of making excuses.
Today we are going to share some of the funniest, most relatable and most believable excuses that students come up with for not doing their homework.
Let’s start off with the common and general excuses
Excused Related to Technical Difficulties
Let’s look into some of the common technical difficulties which students face which lead them to
- Computer or internet issues
In this digital era, most work is done online on computers. Relying online to gain exclusive facts and looking through journals and articles are common. Students who do not have proper resources will have trouble framing assignments.
” Sorry, sir, my internet was not working. Hence I couldn’t complete my essay on time”.
- Printer or scanner problems
Not having printer or scanner can be another trouble. Images, papers, and materials are needed need to be printed as hard copies for smooth functioning.
“My printer got stuck, so I had to go to the repair shop. It took all my time, and I cannot complete my homework on time”.
Excused Due to a Lack of Understanding
- Difficult assignment or unclear instructions
Every student has that one subject which makes their faces sulk. When assigned to those topics, students feel confused and face hurdles like researching, organizing, writing and even editing.
Even unclear instructions on the assignments can blur clarity. Students need direction on the assignments to follow, and without it coming up with unique ideas can be a big task.
- Challenging subject matter
One can be good in chemistry but not in maths; others can be good in maths but not chemistry.
There is always that one subject which is extremely difficult to comprehend. To avoid doing assignments on those, students often find excuses to avoid doing it.
Excuses Stemming from Personal Reasons
- Family emergencies
Some students also face family emergencies due to which they cannot complete assignments on time. Death, sickness and too many responsibilities can be a few reasons.
“My grandmother got ill last night suddenly. Hence, I am unable to submit my paper on time.”
- Illness or health issues
Students cannot complete assignments due to death, sickness and too many responsibilities too. Sudden emergencies in the family or even ill health of students can affect the time for homework composition.
“My migraine has been getting worse for the last few days. My doctor has recommended avoiding paperwork for now.”
Legit Excuses Due to Time Constraints
Facing time constraints is one of the most common reasons for students for late submission.
- Overwhelming workload
“I am still trying to settle in my dorm. As soon as I am done, I promise to submit all my pending tasks.”
Native students studying abroad must focus on their studies while filling up the gaps in their personal lives. They have tremendous pressure on studies, mental well-being and health, limiting the time to focus solely on assignments.
- Extracurricular activities or part-time job
“I was working the whole night due to my night shift. My assignment is complete, but it still needs finishing touches. Please allow me a day to make it up to the work.
Students with more responsibilities on their shoulders also take up part-time jobs. And some follow other interests through extracurricular activities. Both jobs and extracurriculars lessen the time that could have been utilized to focus on academic tasks.
The Most Creative Excuses Ever
Now let’s get into some of the creative excuses which students have come up with recently
- Pet destroyed homework
“Sir, my cat scratched my notes”. Or ” Sir, my dog spilt food over my homework”.
These may sound funny, but pet parents suffer through these issues and sometimes it can make a good excuse for them.
- Pet swallowed or hid homework
Students who are new to having pets can have their homework swallowed, which is not a good scene. Even if this does not always happen, it makes up for a funny excuse.
“My cat scratched and ate my entire homework”
“I was playing with my dog and he suddenly found my assignment and hid it in a secret place”
Environmental Excuses for Not Doing Homework
Over the years, we have seen a lot of concerns regarding the environment and sustainability. Here is how students have started using environmental issues as excuses for not doing homework:
- Natural disasters affecting homework completion
Students who live in areas prone to earthquakes, floods or landslides can come up with the excuse of being unable to complete due to natural calamities.
“There was a landslide due to heavy rain and it has done tremendous damage to the property including my homework”.
- Power outages or blackouts
Power outage is quite common in rural areas. Those who face frequent electricity breakouts and do not have alternative means to make up for it can also use a lack of electricity as an excuse.
“Due to poor electric conditions we have a blackout the entire day due to which I could not work on my homework”.
Bizarre and Unconventional Excuses
- Alien abduction
“I was doing my homework when I saw a UFO outside my window. I glared at it when I suddenly saw a strange. I ran away from the room and came back with a bat. But found out that my window was open and my homework was gone”. I guess aliens can read and write.
- Time travel mishaps
I decided to take a nap on Sunday and then do my homework. I woke up after 2 hours, did my homework, and did my usual daily chores. The next thing I knew, it was Monday morning, and I had not completed my homework. I guess I was dreaming or travelling in time which should have been the future”.
Yes, it sounds funny, but students also use these as excuses.
How to Make Your Excuses Believable? Strategies for Using Excuses
Unless your excuse is believable and matches your story, you would get caught up in your lies due to loopholes due to poor planning.
” Mam, I need 2 days to work on my homework because my father is ill “ is something which needs a sad tone rather than a cheerful tone.
Hence body language, tone and the way you appear matter too.
Having an expression of remorse to show guilt but being ready to take responsibility also brings huge change.
However, we would always suggest students be a bit more responsible and ask for help rather than making excuses. There will always be that one friend, sibling or teacher who can help you overcome the genuine troubles you face during assignment composition.
Consequences of Giving Excuses and Alternatives to It
Everything comes with consequences. Although making up excuses may look like you got saved, there will be certain downsides which you will notice in the end.
Those who get into the habit of making up excuses end up being deceptive and ineffectual. In the long run, they are unreliable and do not learn anything. Skills, talents, and knowledge are some that such students face.
Growing up, we all have faced ups and downs, and sometimes legitimate reasons make us use excuses. Even in the worst situations, it would be better to be transparent and seek extra time and help honestly rather than make up false excuses. If not stopped, this habit can deeply get embedded in the personality, affecting one greatly.
A good way of giving up on doing homework-related excuses is by developing good study habits. Have a good timetable and follow proper time management skills to get work done on time. Students who do not take education, time and vitality seriously will always look for excuses.
By now, you know some of the obvious and creative excuses students can use. Some are specific and sounds believable, while others hang on the thread of rationality. But at the end of the day, they are all excuses which are means of running away from doing academic tasks.
Although it sometimes gets difficult to focus on all kinds of assignments, students should learn how to beat the cons rather than being a pro at lying. Being honest with their studies and homework will benefit them in the future and make them more responsible. Coming up with excuses is an indirect way of adopting lies that can affect the personality in the long run.
Students should be encouraged to work with honesty and offered sufficient time to work on their tasks. Those lacking efficient time and resources often come up with these excuses which could be lessened if professors and parents are willing to assist students.
The Stupidest yet Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework
The list of making excuses does not end there. Here are some of the other funniest excuses which we have heard from students for not doing homework:
- I was doing my homework on the rooftop for fresh air. Suddenly a gush of strong wind came and blew my assignment.
- I kept my homework on the table. My servant thought it was just a piece of paper and threw it away.
- My instincts told me that if I did my homework today, I would fail the final exam; hence I didn’t do it.
- I knew my English essay was the best, so I didn’t bring it in to let other students have their time to shine.
- I asked (a friend) to bring my homework, but he didn’t come today.
- I went to my grandma’s house and left it there.
- My sister was sobbing in the bus station, and I had no tissue paper. So I gave her my papers to console her.
- My house had a gas leak, and I couldn’t go in to get it.
- I put it in my bag this morning; a pickpocket must have stolen it.
- Sorry sir, I forgot the last deadline date.
Stupidest Excuses for Not Doing Homework to Use with Your Parents
If you want some excuses which involve your parents to sound more believable, then here they are:
- My father had diarrhoea, and he took my assignment as we had no tissue paper. That’s the last time I saw it.
- My mother is sick, and I was helping her with house chores.
- My father told me to work on my physics assignment rather than history because I wanted to be an astronaut.
- My little sister had locked it in her piggy suitcase, and we couldn’t find the key.
- My father mistook my file for his and took it to the office.
- I went to my grandfather’s home over the weekend in the countryside, and he buried it as we had no wood.
- We had a big fight last night, so I could not dedicate time to assignment making.
- It was my parent’s anniversary, so I was planning a good dinner for them.
- My sister had a toothache, so I had to rush her to the hospital.
- My parents were not home last night, and I looked after my younger siblings.
Stupidest Excuses for Not Doing Homework to Use with Your Classmates
Here are some of the funny excuses which we see students make with their classmates
- I fought with a friend, and she tore my homework.
- I bought it to school, but now I can’t find it, someone must have stolen it.
- My friend told she would bring my homework, but she is absent.
- My friend promised to help me with my homework, but she didn’t.
- My friend and I decided to do our homework together but couldn’t due to last-minute family emergencies.
- Two of my friends and I were planning to do it together. Since one of my friends could not complete her part, our thesis is not done.
- My project mate is out of town. Hence our project would need some extra time.
- My classmate left our homework at his house and couldn’t find it the next day.
What are the best excuses for not doing homework?
Ans. Some of the best excuses for not doing homework are:
· I couldn’t complete it due to a lack of research material
· My mother was ill. Hence, I had lack of time
· I got caught up in life roles and responsibilities, so my work was incomplete.
· It was raining heavily and we had a leak on roof spilling rain water on my task.
· I switched my assignment with my brother.
· I was at sports practice.
What to tell your teacher when you don’t do your homework?
Ans. When students do not do their homework, they come up with innovative excuses which can be related to health, electricity, family problems or even personal ones. Such as
· I had fever so I couldn’t do my homework.
· We just got a new pet hence I did not have time to do it
· We are having renovation at home so I could not do my essay.
How do you write a letter to your teacher with your best excuse for not doing your homework or classwork?
Ans. A letter to a teacher should always be formal. State why you cannot submit your assignment, followed by a sincere apology along with the scheduled dates on which you will be submitting your work.
How can I excuse my teacher for not doing homework?
Ans. Some of the best excuses to make for not doing your homework are:
· I couldn’t do my homework because I was sick
· I broke my leg last night
· My father was sick
· I confused the dates and didn’t bring my assignment today.
How do I apologize to my teacher for not doing homework?
Ans. Sincerely apologizing by telling the real reason would help students get more extended time with honesty. Students who lie end up make more lies until they are caught, which leads to a bad reputation.
Hi, I am Mark, a Literature writer by profession. Fueled by a lifelong passion for Literature, story, and creative expression, I went on to get a PhD in creative writing. Over all these years, my passion has helped me manage a publication of my write ups in prominent websites and e-magazines. I have also been working part-time as a writing expert for myassignmenthelp.com for 5+ years now. It’s fun to guide students on academic write ups and bag those top grades like a pro. Apart from my professional life, I am a big-time foodie and travel enthusiast in my personal life. So, when I am not working, I am probably travelling places to try regional delicacies and sharing my experiences with people through my blog.
Writing Get your essay and assignment written from scratch by PhD expert
Rewriting: Paraphrase or rewrite your friend's essay with similar meaning at reduced cost
Editing: Proofread your work by experts and improve grade at Lowest cost
Enter phone no. to receive critical updates and urgent messages !
Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.
- Featured Post
- Popular Post
Get original papers written according to your instructions and save time for what matters most.
- Our Mission
14 Hilarious Homework Excuses
If you're an educator, you've undoubtedly heard your fair share of excuses from students who don't have their assigned homework with them, which can range from plausible to hilariously absurd.
We've compiled some of the best homework excuses that educators in our Facebook community have heard during their time in the wacky world of teaching.
Students' Best Excuses
This piece was originally submitted to our community forums by a reader. Due to audience interest, we’ve preserved it. The opinions expressed here are the writer’s own.
Make Better Connections With Better Conversations
48 Best Excuses For Not Doing Homework
- September 12, 2023
Last Updated on September 12, 2023 by Ketan
No, you can’t use ‘I’d a fever’ as the best excuse for not doing homework.
Because someone already has the same reason. And it’s too regular.
Also, blaming a dog for biting out your assignment book is totally unbelievable.
Then you may ask, what to say when the teacher asks ‘Where’s your homework?’
Well, don’t worry to help you out in such a situation, we provide you with all the fresh, believable excuses to give.
That your teacher will accept it as a valid reason for missing your assignment.
( Note: This is just for entertainment purposes. Please don’t make a habit of relying on these excuses every day. Better if you do your homework on time.)
Good Excuses For Not Doing Homework
You know you must do your exam on time.
But you didn’t get the right time or mood to actually sit and complete it.
Whether you’ve played all day, overslept, or just not doing homework anyway, you need something to say to your teacher as a valid reason.
Have these good reasons to convince your teacher why you came to school without the homework.
1. Someone told me that the date of submission is extended.
2. I have done my homework, but I forget where I put my notebook.
3. We have surprised guest visitors and they stay the whole day.
4. Because I didn’t know where to start, I’m unable to complete the homework.
5. There’s some fixing work going on at my home, especially in my room.
6. I was about to do homework, but I don’t understand a thing.
7. There were some other priorities. More important than homework.
8. I have a reason, but I can’t share it with you, please believe me.
9. I’ve misplaced the notebooks, still unable to find them. So I couldn’t complete it.
10. There was a rumor that you were on leave today.
11. I had no time for homework because there are so many things going on at home.
12. My family and I were out of the city the entire day yesterday and we returned late.
13. After school, I have to work at our family business. My dad already trained me for it.
14. I forgot my bag here so I’m not able to complete it at home.
15. Thought I would do it late at night, but I slept quite earlier than usual.
16. My entire day went into doing some extracurricular, and I didn’t get time for homework.
READ NEXT: Great Comebacks For Your Kids
Funny Reasons For Not Doing Homework
Well, some excuses are so ridiculous that they make your teacher and your fellow students laugh.
Indeed, there is a risk of you appearing dumb in front of your class.
But because it’s a hilarious and creative reason, it might still work in your favor.
Or at least to come up with new excuses than anyone else can think of.
1. It was my birthday yesterday. And, I don’t want to celebrate it by doing just homework.
2. My parents brought a pet for me. So I played with him the whole day.
3. After I completed my homework, my sibling ripped my assignment apart.
4. I’ve to babysit my lil brother with nobody at home to take care of us.
5. I was lost in the mall while going shopping with my mum and found it in the evening.
6. My elder sibling has thrown my assignment book in the trash.
7. Our cousin used my homework to make a paper plane and they just flew it.
8. My family wants me to go to a boarding school, so I’m just getting ready for it.
9. I was looking for the right time to get it done, but I didn’t get it .
10. My mom and dad fought and the entire day went on just to settle things down.
11. My grandparents visited our home yesterday, and I’ve been busy with them.
12. Because there is so much homework for different subjects, I can’t do any of them.
13. My internet went off while you’ve given the assignments to us.
14. I accept that I didn’t do my homework now, but I promise to complete it tomorrow.
15. There’s some family issue going on at home. So, I’m unable to complete the assignment.
16. My dad took my bag for some reason and today I have to come with a spare bag.
Believable Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Whatever reason you are about to give for not completing your assignment, your teacher will judge it logically.
So you just can’t share any reason that’s on your mind.
Be careful with your reasons or excuses before saying why you didn’t do your homework.
If you want some believable reasons that your teacher can’t deny, here’s the whole list of them.
1. I asked my dad to help me with my homework, but he doesn’t know a thing either.
2. I’ve saved my assignment, but I don’t know where it is now. The file is lost on the PC.
3. I was forgetting to save my homework and all the work was just gone.
4. There were system errors on my PC. So it was not possible to do homework.
5. My computer just got hacked and I must delete everything including homework.
6. I felt the pain in my writing hand, and now I’m feeling better.
7. After school, we had to go to some event and I lost my bag somewhere there.
8. I thought today was a holiday. So I didn’t do it.
9. Remember I told you that my computer is in repair, the technician hasn’t returned it.
10. I’ve been at an important event with my family and came back this morning.
11. It was my sister’s marriage, so I was not able to complete my homework.
12. I was stuck in the giant toy car the whole day and not able to do homework later.
13. We bought a new TV. So, me and my brother watched our cartoon the whole day.
14. I was helping other kids in school to complete assignments, but I forgot mine.
15. My notebook fell into our swimming pool and I couldn’t save it in time.
16. It’s not my dog, but my cat peed on my notebook. I couldn’t bring my notebook today, but I will tomorrow.
READ NEXT: Smart Responses To Every ‘Why?’ Question
We all agree that we have the entire day to do it, but the best time to do homework is ‘the last hour’ before submission.
But sometimes you can’t even do your homework in that precious time, too.
Because you don’t want to do it, or just give up.
When you fail to do or submit your assignment last time, you need some good excuses for not doing homework that your teacher could believe and accept.
We hope we’ve suggested the best reasons to share to be safe this time.
But Hey, next time you do your homework properly, Right?
This list covers last-minute excuses to get you another chance.
Hope this frees you from any punishments or embarrassment at school.
But, promise us, that you will do your homework on time from now on. We don’t want you to use these excuses anymore, too.
- Recent Posts
- 26 Witty (& Flirty) Responses To “Maybe” Over Text - November 22, 2023
- 17 Better Responses To “You’re Not My Type” From A Girl Or Guy - November 11, 2023
- 8 Clever Responses To “It Won’t Happen Again” - November 8, 2023
Hi, there ! It’s nice to meet you.
Sign up to receive upcoming content, as we post..
Check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
Specialized in marketing, with 'communication' as a favorite subject, Ketan P. is a head writer at 'Better Responses'. He loves to share his unique perspectives and ways to make everyday conversations a bit 'lively'.
You may also like...
17 Witty Responses To An Apology Over Text
11 Better Answers To “What Do You Like Doing For Fun?” (The Interview Question)
6 Funny Responses To “Have You Lost Weight?”
- Next 16 Best Replies To “Hey Handsome”
- Previous 12 Witty Responses To Sarcasm (That Gets On Your Nerves)
12 of the Funniest Excuses for Not Doing Your Homework
Homework is something that a lot of students choose not to do, even though they know they can get into a lot of trouble for skipping it. If you’re an educator, you’ve probably heard an unlimited number of excuses from your students, and some of them might have been absolutely hilarious.
From a student’s perspective, homework can be a serious obstacle to doing things they love, such as meeting with friends, playing video games or watching their favorite TV shows. In fact, a Chinese study found that more than 70 percent of schoolchildren don’t like homework .
Who’s going to want to do that math homework or write college papers when a new Marvel comic book has just been released, right?
So, when students begin to realize that they won’t complete the homework in time, they try to come up with believable excuses, which can be extremely creative, weird or funny.
So, to celebrate the inventive excuses students use to get out of homework, we’ve gathered some of the best from across the internet in the list below, enjoy.
1. “My brother’s friend , who came to our house yesterday, said he could eat paper, and I didn’t believe him. So he decided to show how much paper he could eat and grabbed my homework right out of my desk. I didn’t see that it was my homework and realized that it was too late.”
2. “ My dad needs a paper shredder for work, and it was delivered to our house yesterday. He wanted to show us how it works and mistakenly took my homework and destroyed it.”
3. “ My mom once said that she wanted my best homework framed. When I completed all the work yesterday, I said to her that it was the best because I did everything right, even the tasks for extra credit. Today, I couldn’t find it so I went to my mom. She said she had to have it framed because it was my best homework!”
4. “ I didn’t do my homework because I figured I’d do it tomorrow, because I’ll be older, and therefore be wiser, then.”
5. “ Yesterday, I didn’t have time to complete the homework because I was at the rally all day. The rally was calling for an increase to teacher pay, so I had to be there.”
6. “ To be honest, I didn’t do my homework because I know how heavy your current workload is and I didn’t want to add to it. I thought that I could give you some more free time.”
7. “ Well, incredible story. I was going to school this morning and it was very windy. I carried the homework in my hands, but it slipped out of them and blew away. I tried to chase it for a couple of blocks, so that’s why I’m late to class.”
8. “ While I was getting ready for school this morning, I was putting some books inside my backpack. When it was time for my homework, my mom said she needed to see me in the kitchen right away. I went there, and when I came back, my homework wasn’t there. Clearly, my dad accidentally took it to work because his briefcase was next to my backpack.”
9. “ I was in the school yard when I heard some student saying bad things about you. I felt like that should let him know that he was wrong. It would be wrong to hurt him, so I thought a good way was to throw something at him. I quickly looked through my backpack, but the only thing I could find was the homework I had to submit today. After hesitating a bit, I let him have it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find it afterward; someone must have taken it.”
10. “ My grandpa was on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” yesterday, so he asked me if I would be available for a call if he didn’t know an answer and had to call a friend. I absolutely had to be there for him, so I didn’t have any time to complete today’s homework.”
11. “ After completing my essay yesterday, I looked at my assignment once again and realized that it was so good that it could make other students in the class feel bad about theirs. I decided not to hurt their feelings and left it at home. What can I say, I’m a great essay writer .”
12. “ I was sunbathing near the pool yesterday and doing the homework at the same time. When I was about done, something pushed me forward and I dropped my work right into the pool. It was so wet I couldn’t put it together, so I don’t have it right now.”
Just a Drop in the Ocean
The amount of homework is steadily increasing , so more and more students are finding creative excuses to avoid it. We collected just a small amount in this article, but there are literally thousands of excuses like these, and students keep coming up with new ones.
Hope these excuses brighten your mood right for the rest of the day!
Lucy Benton is a writing coach, an editor who finds her passion in expressing own thoughts as a blogger. She is constantly looking for the ways to improve her skills and expertise. Lucy also has her own blog, Prowritingpartner.com , where you can check her last publications. If you’re interested in working with Lucy , you can find her on Twitter .
Leave a reply.
Your email address will not be published.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Positive Procrastination — Never Heard of It? Well Now You Have
5 Tips To Study Better at University
How To Stay Motivated With College Coursework
Homework Hacks: How To Do College Assignments Faster
StudyTubers May Be More Harmful Than Helpful for College Students
‘Psychology of Learning’ Offers Winning Strategies for Studying and Acquiring Knowledge
Watch These 4 YouTube Channels to Be More Productive This Semester
YouTubers on ‘StudyTube’ Share Homework for a Living
5 Best Cozy Fall BookTubers You Need to Check Out
Online Aesthetic Stifles Individualism
Olivia Rodrigo Takes on Female Rage in ‘GUTS’
Bridgit Mendler: Where Is She Now?
What’s the Obsession with ‘Bluey’?
- lol Badge Feed
- win Badge Feed
- trending Badge Feed
- © 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc
- Consent Preferences
- Accessibility Statement
Teachers Are Sharing The Absolute Worst Excuses They've Ever Heard And They're Really, Really Bad
"My dog ate my homework" just doesn't cut it anymore.
Have you ever come up with a wild excuse for not finishing your homework?
Turns out, you're not alone. When Reddit user u/Xplosion101 asked teachers, "What is the most ridiculous excuse for unfinished homework that you've ever heard?" the answers were laugh-out-loud funny.
1. Their grandma stole it.
"A kid (high school) claimed that he couldn’t do his homework because his grandmother wouldn’t give him back his textbook...which she had taken in retaliation for his theft of her wooden leg." — u/TrufflesDuVall
2. Their parrot flew into a fire.
"One kid told me his pet parrot flew onto the fireplace and caught on fire. It then proceeded to fly around the sitting room, and the dad tried to hit it with a frying pan because he was afraid the curtains would go up in flames if the parrot went close to them. The dad hit it into the kitchen and then grabbed it and threw it under a tap 'because you have to throw a parrot under a tap if it’s on fire.' He then said with all the drama, he’d forgotten to do his homework. Of course I let him off because it was the most creative story he’d come up with all year." — u/geoffraffe
3. A student left his homework in a room that he then forgot existed.
"The student claimed he put it in a room in his house. He then forgot the room existed. He was at a loss to explain where his homework was. He was upset to think he must have imagined doing it. He apologized to me.
"The next week, to his amazement, he 'found' the room, and more amazingly, he found his homework. He handed it in that week.
"Now, this may seem like nonsense, but it turns out he had an operation to remove a tumor from his brain when he was 10. One of the outcomes was a strange side effect that for a short period, he could utterly forget a room or more in his house.
"True story. Confirmed by his mother and sister." — u/ledgerdemaine
4. A sneaky kid "forgot" to submit his work.
"We use Canvas, and a helicopter mom swears she sees her son submit work, but I never get it. I also require students to create a Google folder and share it with me so I have access to all docs. This student never did this. I pointed it out to Mom and she had me reshow him how to do this in class.
"Once I could see his Google folder, I saw that only one of the four assignments he 'submitted' was done. I let Mom know and she grounded him. Ahhh, sweet revenge.
"I’ve been emailing back and forth with this mom for so long! She blamed Canvas for everything, and I knew he was lying. Just glad she finally realized as well." — u/daviscait
5. A wild duck flew in and ate their homework.
"My son couldn't hand his homework in because...a duck flew into our kitchen, panicked, and landed on the kitchen table. Despite her panic, the duck spotted some Rice Krispies and started to eat them out of the bowl, splashing milk and cereal all over the homework. Then...the duck grabbed the homework page (I assume 'cause it was covered in cereal) and flew off with it. Not sure the teacher ever believed us." — u/suddenthing
6. The file was just not available.
"Lately, it's always 'I couldn't access the file' OR, my personal favorite, 'the [student-facing interface] was acting up.' Like, mh-mmm, okay, but you have my email, I have a no-questions-asked extension policy for every assignment, and I assigned this to you five days ago." — u/insignificantnexus
7. It was in Mexico.
"I taught instrumental music down in South Texas, so I basically never gave any sort of homework outside of practicing. I gave the sixth-grade kiddos a super-basic theory sheet to complete that was due back in two days, since I had a dentist appointment the next day. As I’m collecting the sheets, a trombone kid tells me, 'My grandma stole my homework in Mexico and wouldn’t give it back.'
"Turns out they were visiting his grandparents over the border outside Matamoros, and his grandma really wanted something of his to hang on her refrigerator, so she took the homework he had just finished and put it up. Kid protested, but she wouldn’t relent, so he snapped a pic as proof. Graded the sheet from the picture. Kid got an A. I got a story." — u/BlooooContra
8. She broke her back.
"'I broke my back' — she said as she walked toward my desk. I believe she was going to give a different excuse or at least mention a different body part, but the panic overwhelmed her and she went with her back. Both sadly and hilariously, I couldn't help but give her an 'Are you dumb?' face." — u/ElZariguea
9. A coffee disaster ensued.
"This reminds me of one of my chem lab professors. She was passing back lab reports, and when she got to the girl whose lab station was next to mine, she asked her, 'Do you like coffee?' The student replied that, yes, she does, so the professor said, 'Good! Then I hope you don't mind that I spilled coffee all over your lab report,' and handed her a very brown and crinkly stack of papers." — u/theknightmanager
10. Their cat ate their homework.
"One of my classmates said that their dog ate their homework. She has a cat...and the homework was online." — u/Cap_ultimate
11. Their dog actually...ate their homework.
"I remember in kindergarten, my dog actually ate my homework. I don't think the teacher knew I was telling the truth." — u/DJEFFF900
12. Their dad sold it!
"'I did the homework the day you gave it to us [which was one week ago], except that I did it in an old rough copybook of mine, and yesterday when I got back from school, Dad had sold all of our old stationeries for petty cash. I was so mad at my dad, I didn't do my homework to teach him a lesson. Could you please call home and tell him about this?'" — the_angshu_man
13. The teacher's kid tore up the students' homework.
"My toddler once completely shredded about five kids' assignments I'd taken home to mark. Luckily, they were able to reprint them for me, but it was a little embarrassing." — u/HappiHappiHappi
14. They burned their workbook at Boy Scouts.
"I had a math workbook that was basically all of our assignments and homework throughout the whole year. We would do the assignments and turn in the workbooks to be graded, and get them back. I hated math.
"I went on a camping trip with the Boy Scouts after we finished all the work in that stupid workbook for the year, and I gleefully tossed my completed workbook into a fire, let it burn up for a few seconds, then fished its charred remains out before it was completely destroyed and stuck it in a ziplock bag as some kind of keepsake.
"Anyway, we got back to school on Monday for the last week before summer break, and the math teacher announced that we all needed to turn in our completed workbooks for a final grade on them. My classmates who were on the camping trip with me immediately looked at me, because they knew what happened to my workbook.
"Anyway, I ended up handing the teacher the clear plastic bag with the still-identifiable remains of my workbook. I probably explained that I hadn't known we would need to turn it in again. I don't remember what specifically happened with it, but I didn't get it trouble." — u/Th3Element05
15. A squirrel went and defecated on their homework.
"Well, my math books were defecated on by squirrels. The teacher didn't even take them home; they came in the pivot windows (I think during half term) and couldn't get out immediately, so they went to the toilet everywhere." — u/espardale
16. An actual broken arm prevented them from doing their homework.
"One of my classmates in fifth grade came to school with a cast and said his homework wasn’t done because he broke his arm and was at the hospital all night. He actually broke his dominant arm, and the teacher told him that that was no excuse for not completing his homework." — u/Www-MtnDew-com
17. A cat gave birth and ruined their homework.
"I heard the excuse, 'My cat gave birth on my homework' — and then they proceeded to share a picture of a whole litter of slimy kittens on a pile of sheets." — u/Joelymolee
Do you have any excuses for not doing your homework that actually worked? Let us know in the comments!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Share This Article
Funny Homework Excuses to Replace your Boring Excuses for not Doing Homework
Take the following into account before using any excuse for not showing up with homework:
- Know your audience. Make sure your teacher has a sense of humor. Not all teachers understand humor; not all teachers will find your funny homework excuses funny. Some teachers need boring excuses for not doing homework… because they’re boring.
- Know your audience. Make sure the excuse demonstrates elements of knowledge about the assignment you’re trying to get excused. The most obvious class for these excuses is English. Most English teachers will be satisfied that you spelled things correctly and showed some creativity. Math and Science teachers will be impressed by any technical terms you bring in. History teachers will be amazed at your use of historical allusions. For art class, draw a picture.
- Presenting funny homework excuses takes practice. You don’t just read the excuse, you dramatize it. Use hand motions, voice inflections, and all those things your teachers tell you to do while speaking in public. If you’re not capable of a compelling delivery, write the excuse out and put a smiley face on it.
- Write/Practice your excuse now. Using these excuses for not doing homework takes time. If you don’t have time to do homework then you don’t have time to write and practice an excuse. Have the excuse ready, and when your teacher doesn’t believe it, pull out the old “I obviously did it. Heck, I could have done the assignment in a lot less time than making up this excuse, sir.”
A Creative Example
This excuse is especially useful in less populated sections of the country, but variations of it will work anywhere. It’s called the Hiker’s Dilemma and goes as follows:
You won’t believe what happened (your teacher will undoubtedly agree with your opening statement). I was at the library writing my essay on The Declaration of Independence and I got so involved in it that I lost track of time and missed the bus. I stopped off for a bite to eat at Montezuma’s cafe and called my Mom for a ride home. She was unable to come, on account of her lupus (the goal is to create sympathy; any disease will do), so I decided to make the long trek home…through the woods. After about an hour of walking and reciting our nation’s founding document, Montezuma got his revenge on my stomach. I had no choice but to run behind a bush and squat. I averted one disaster, but my troubles weren’t over. I had no toilet paper. I searched through my backpack and all I could find was my essay that I had just written. I struggled for over eight minutes, not knowing what to do. I finally decided to sacrifice the essay. I have it in my locker if you want me to get it. It’s pretty disgusting though………
Now that you’ve seen a sample, I’ll give you some ideas and you come up with the rest. Keep in mind that not all excuses work on all teachers.
- I was up late taking care of my sick gerbil that my dearest dead grandma gave me as a Festivus gift the day she died. The only thing that could relieve Trentie’s pain was a soft bed of notebook paper and the only piece of notebook paper I had was today’s homework assignment. Gram gram appreciates your understanding.
- I was in the lunch room and another student started criticizing you and I just couldn’t let that go without letting him know he was wrong. I searched through my backpack to find something to throw at him, and all I could find was today’s homework assignment, so I let him have it.
- I know this sounds ridiculous, but a dog really did eat my homework. It wasn’t my dog. It belonged to the neighbor, a pit bull, and he was chasing my 2-year old sister, your little girl is two, isn’t she? Anyhow, just before the pit bull clamped its jaws on this poor defenseless baby, who happens to be the same age as your daughter, I pulled out my binder and shoved it down its throat. The stunned pit bull had no idea what had happened as I carried the poor little girl, who’s the same age as your daughter, to safety. The dog made quick work of my binder, which included the homework assignment that was due today, but the little girl’s parents, who have a daughter the same age as yours, said you would understand.
This post is part of the series: Homework Excuses
Find the best, the worst, the most popular, and the funniest homework excuses with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- The 10 Best Homework Excuses
- The 10 Most Common “I Forgot my Homework” Excuses
- Funny Homework Excuses
Best Homework Excuses That Will Crack Your Ribs in 2023
Homework is not a word most students would want to hear. I know of some who will reward you with a furious expression and spiteful attitude whenever you mention such a word to them. As a result of this negativity towards homework, students have funny excuses for not doing homework. Whereas some of them may work, there are those excuses for not turning in homework that may not augur well with some instructors.
Let’s dive into the subject of school homework excuses at length.
Best Homework Excuses: Why Do Students Give Them?
While it may true that a majority of the students are lazy, several factors necessitate some students from not completing their homework. These may either be internal (on the part of the student) or external (related to the school, family, or general environment). But why exactly do students have such excuses for homework not done?
- Punishment fears that nobody is ready to be canned or suspended from school for not completing homework.
- To make up for their mistakes: Students give excuses for late homework to maintain a good reputation with their tutors and parents.
- It’s the nature of students: The majority of the students are generally cheeky and naughty and thus have an excuse for almost everything.
Although students have continued to devise new homework excuses now and then, some tutors have been smart enough to outwit them. The bottom line remains that students will continue to invent crazy homework excuses shortly, especially technological advancements.
We now venture into some of the best homework excuses that students have been giving over the years.
6 Funny Homework Excuses For High School Students
Most high school students are in the adolescent stage, and thus you can expect anything from them. These students will devise all forms of unimaginable homework excuses to get off the hook at this stage of life. Six of the top homework excuses for high students are:
- The homework was too easy to complete: Why bother completing something I already know how to do well enough?
- I forgot about it: Well, I had a lot on my mind and forgot to write the assignment down or carry my homework book with me at home.
- I had nowhere to complete my homework: My siblings were all over my room, and I couldn’t get the time and space to complete my homework comfortably.
- We had a power blackout: Immediately I arrived home, there was a power blackout, and my computer cannot work without power. My room was so dark that I got scared even to get up and do anything.
- I have had enough of it! What’s the point of continuing to complete homework assignments now that I am in high school? Come on; I have been doing these since kindergarten.
- Homework is not a priority when I am at home: I need to watch my favorite soap opera or cartoon when I get home, not tuck in some boring homework.
Every student will have a funny homework excuse whenever confronted by their teachers.
Good Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Nonetheless, some excellent homework excuses can get you out of trouble. Although these are not easy to come by, you can constantly maneuver your way around them and convince your tutor. Some of the good reasons for missing homework include:
- The instructions were too hard to understand: Maybe the tutor did not explain the instructions clear enough for you to understand. Other tasks are just too complex to complete regardless of the explanations given by the tutor.
- You did not have the necessary prerequisites: Equipment like calculators for math assignments and drawing boards for engineering papers are necessary. If you do not have them, there is no way you will complete your homework.
- The dog ate my homework excuses: Realistically, the dog might enter your room and make away with your homework book. If the tutor doesn’t understand, it will do some good to carry the tattered assignment book’s remains.
- The computer crashed: Every electronic gadget is prone to such. An understanding lecturer would give you a second chance when you give this homework excuse.
You should, however, note that most lecturers have known these excuses for no homework. How you explain yourself using such excuses will determine whether he/she will believe you or not.
5 Good Excuses For Missing Homework That Work
The best excuses for missing homework are those that convince your tutor or instructor without leaving a trail of question marks behind. To come up with such, you have to develop practical critical thinking skills and engage creativity. From some of the best homework excuses available, here are the crème de la crème:
- I fell sick on my way home and was rushed to hospital
- A natural disaster such as a giant hurricane or earthquake that interrupted regular power supply
- I was absent when you assigned the homework
- You were busy volunteering in a community social work activity
- I got rained on my way to school in the morning
The reasons above seem genuine to any person, and you can be sure of getting away with them for not doing homework.
How To Make Creative Homework Excuses
Would you like to know how to make excuses for not doing your homework? Here are some expert tips that have worked for many and definitely for you too!
- Avoid over-exaggeration: Your excuses to get out of homework should be realistic enough to any rational person.
- Honesty is the best policy: A legitimate excuse would save you a lot of trouble instead of a mischievous and cunning reason.
- Wisely choose your reason: If you choose an excuse that your lecturer knows perfectly well that it is a lie, then your fall from grace would be twice as much!
With these tricks, you will be able to come up with the best homework excuse ever! Not even a genius professor can detect the slightest of mischief in your excuse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alexa Donne is an exceptional online writer who is skilled and passionate about her work. She creates high-quality content that captivates the readers’ attention and ensures you get the best grade in your research papers and essays.
Don't Let Homework Take Over Your Life
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
My Homework Done
Expert Writing Services
- How It Works
- Buy homework
- Ace my homework
- Homework writers
- Homework help
- Assignment writing
- Homework Solutions
- Homework Answers
- No Need To Study
- High school
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Word Problem
- Computer Science
- Language arts
Homework is easy with expert tips and advice. And even easier when you have an expert to do it for you.
Top Excuses for Not Doing Homework
We’ve all been there: not doing our homework and then struggling to figure out a way to get away with it. The problem is that your teachers have seen it all probably. And in any case, you are better off doing your homework. However, there are times when you absolutely cannot do it. Why? Perhaps you don’t know anything about the subject matter. Or perhaps you simple lacked the time to work on that school project. There are many reasons why college students miss deadlines with their homework. The problem is that if you don’t come up with a good excuse (and we mean a REALLY good excuse), you will most probably get a low grade. And this is why so many students are wondering “what are some good excuses for not doing homework?” Fortunately, with a bit of imagination and with our help, you will surely be able to come up with a great excuse. As long as your teacher believes you, there is no reason why you would have to worry about a bad grade.
Table of Contents
Having problems with homework, top 10 excuses for not doing homework.
Before we get to the list of excuses for not doing homework, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you are in this situation in the first place. The problem with homework is that you probably receive tons of it every semester. We agree that teachers rarely think about their students’ free time. They really don’t care that you have to write 10 other essays for 10 other classes. Every teacher will expect you to turn over the homework on the deadline, regardless of how many school chores you receive for the week. Another problem with homework (and the reason why so many students are looking for good excuses for not doing homework) is that you may not know how to do it. Perhaps you weren’t paying attention in class, or perhaps you simply are not interested in the subject matter. Regardless, you definitely don’t want a bad grade that will ruin your GPA once and for all. This is why you need the best excuses for not doing homework.
It can be tricky to come up with the best excuses for not doing homework because teachers have heard most of them already. And teachers know how to spot a fake. To make sure these excuses for not doing homework work, you must be convincing. In other words, you need to believe that what you are saying is true. Also, analyze your teacher and figure out which excuse is perfect for him. Some teachers are more gullible than others, and that’s a fact! Without further ado, here are the top 10 best excuses for not doing homework:
- The number one excuse of all times is that your backpack has been stolen. On the bus or on the street – it doesn’t really matter. Just make sure you are convincing and that you don’t have your backpack with you!
- If your parents are separated, you can say that you’ve forgotten your backpack at your dad’s and that your mom doesn’t let you go back and retrieve it. Most teachers will not only believe you, but also try to comfort you.
- One of the good excuses for not doing homework is that you fell ill over the weekend. For it to work, you need to look like a person has been very ill very recently. Don’t smile and don’t burst with energy!
- If you are a girl, you can try the “it’s that time of the month” excuse. But these excuses for not doing homework funny work on male teachers only
- Another plausible excuse is that your cat or your dog suddenly died or fell very sick. Every teacher knows how such a tragedy can affect a child emotionally.
- You can try a funny one and tell your teacher that you couldn’t do your homework because you believe your room is haunted. But make sure you are convincing when you say it!
- You can, of course, blame your little brother, saying that he tore up your homework and that you didn’t have time to write it again.
- If you were absent the day your teacher assigned homework, you have a plausible excuse: you were not there!
- One of the funniest excuses for not doing your homework is to tell your teacher that you tried and failed, so you simply gave up. It may sound funny, but most teachers really appreciate honesty!
- If you had to do the homework on your computer, just say your computer’s hard drive failed and that you’ve lost all those lovely family photos – and all the homework with them.
No matter how good these excuses for not doing homework are, remember that their success depends on your teacher and his mood. He may simply choose to not believe you and slap you with a bad grade. It happens – but we sincerely hope it doesn’t!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Lowest guaranteed price across the globe. Get upto 50% off ! Book Now
- Order an assignment
- Why choose us
- Free Samples
- Conclusion Writing Service
- Cheap Assignment Help
- College Assignment Help
- Custom Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Liquidity Assignment
- University Assignment
- Entomology Assignment
- Assignment Editing Services
- ATHE Assignment
- BTEC Assignment
- CTH Assignment
- HND Assignment
- Resit Assignment
- Last Minute Assignment
- Need Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Urgent assignment
- Management Assignment
- High School Assignment
- SWOT Analysis Assignment
- Assignment Proofreading Service
- Assignment Writing Tips
- Resume Writing Help
- Academic Writing Service
- Global Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Ghost Writer
- Open Book Exam
- Report Writing
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Write My Assignment
- Assignment Expert
- Online Exam Help
- MBA Essay Writing Service
- Marketing Essay
- Nursing Essay Writing Service
- Business Essay
- Economics Essay
- Finance Essay
- Geography Essay
- History Essay
- English Essay
- Management Essay
- Leadership Essay
- Education Essay
- Politics Essay
- Environmental Essay
- Philosophy Essay
- Cheap Essay
- Write My Essay
- Essay Writing Help UK
- Academic Essay Examples
- How to write an essay structure
- Do My Essay
- Essay Proofreading Editing Services
- Dissertation Topics
- Marketing Dissertation Topics
- Law Dissertation Topics
- Business Dissertation Topics
- Finance Dissertation Topics
- Economics Dissertation Topics
- Psychology Dissertation Topics
- MBA Dissertation Topics
- History Dissertation Topics
- Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Management Dissertation Topics
- Accounting Dissertation Topics
- Fashion Dissertation Topics
- English Dissertation Topics
- Human Resource Dissertation Topics
- Tourism Dissertation Topics
- Computer Science Dissertation Topics
- Media Dissertation Topics
- Politics Dissertation Topics
- E-Commerce Dissertation Topics
- Operations Management Dissertation Topics
- Education Dissertation Topics
- PhD Dissertation
- Engineering Dissertation
- Academic Dissertation
- Biology Dissertation
- Psychology Dissertation
- Statistics Dissertation
- Law Dissertation
- Marketing Dissertation
- MBA Dissertation
- Nursing Dissertation
- Finance Dissertation
- Write My Dissertation
- Dissertation Help London
- Dissertation Help Manchester
- Dissertation Structure
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Dissertation Conclusion
- Dissertation Editing Services
- Masters Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Services
- Java Coursework
- Accounting Coursework
- Business Coursework
- Finance Coursework
- Marketing Coursework
- English Coursework
- Science Coursework
- Chemistry Coursework
- Economics Coursework
- Law Coursework
- Pharmacology Coursework
- College Coursework
- Maths Coursework
- Biology Coursework
- Psychology Coursework
- Teaching assistance Level 2 Coursework
- Primary Homework
- Human Resources
- Public Economics
- Game Theory
- Bio Mechanics
- Web Designing
- Mass Communication
- Business Environment
- Employee Motivation
- Business Decision Making
- Public Relations
- Behavioral Finance
- Organization Development
- Micro Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Medical Education
- Industrial Marketing
- Assignment In Canada
- Assignment In Malaysia
- Assignment In UAE
- Assignment In Singapore
- Assignment In New Zealand
- Assignment Help US
- Assignment Help London
- Assignment Help Liverpool
- Assignment Help Manchester
- Assignment Help Oxford
- Assignment Help Leeds
- Assignment Help Bristol
- Assignment Help Cardiff
- Assignment Help Glasgow
- Assignment Help Edinburgh
- Assignment Help Bradford
- Assignment Help Canterbury
- Assignment Help Cambridge
- Assignment Help Winchester
- Assignment Help Sheffield
- Assignment Help Chelmsford
- Assignment Help Leicester
- Assignment Help Southampton
- Assignment Help Buckingham
- Assignment Help Birmingham
- Apple Case Study Help
- IKEA Case Study Help
- McDonald's Case Study Help
- Zara Case Study Help
- ASDA Case Study
- Nike Case Study Help
- TESCO Case Study
- Tesla Case Study
- Vodafone Case Study Help
- Mission & Vision
- How It works
- Hire Writers
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Grammar Checker
- Plagiarism Checker
- Essay Typer
- Dissertation Outline Generator
- Thesis Statement Generator
Funny Homework Excuses That You Can Expect from 21st Century Students!
16 Aug 2022
Table Of Contents
- Funny Homework Excuses
- Who Can Write My Homework?
Teacher: Hey, Alex! Where is your homework?
Alex: Tutor, I finished work but forgot to bring it.
*scolding starts to rain for the poor Alex*
If you are also thinking of such excuses for not doing homework , then kindly STOP! Such reasons use to work wonders back in your parent’s time. The 21 st -century problems now require more creative & humorous excuses to prevent the teacher’s wrath.
Just when you are planning the things you will do in the evening, the games you will play, the friends you will meet, the favorite TV show you will watch. Suddenly, the teacher pops the bubble by assigning a 'never-ending' homework writing task. Now, you have two choices- either do the work or skip it. If you wish to choose the latter option, then here are the most funny excuses for not doing homework.
NOTE: High doses of laughter guaranteed!
Funny Homework Excuses You Haven’t Heard Before!
1. i went to visit my uncle in prison.
WAIT WAIT…There’s a catch here! The uncle you visited last evening is a teacher assaulter, and therefore, serving a sentence.
This is one of the best excuses for not doing homework, which will not only save you from the scolding but might also make you his favorite student. Obviously, no teachers would ever want to get assaulted by a prisoner.
2. My Calculator Is Solar Powered & It was Cloudy Yesterday
BWAHAHAHA!!! Sadly, this one applies to the subjects having calculation part only.
Also, when asked that you could have used the 'Calculator' app on your smartphone/laptop, you can defend yourself by saying that your phone/laptop isn’t working from the past one week.
3. My Dog Peed on My Homework
Dogs are human’s best friend, and a friend in need is a friend indeed. Here we bring you one of the good funny excuses for not doing homework:
"While I was completing the homework, my mother called me for dinner. My dog, 'Bruno,' was sitting in my room. As I returned, I saw that the homework paper was all wet. Lately, I got to know that it was Bruno who peed on my hard work.”
4. My Father Mistakenly Put It in the Office Bag & Left for Work
Dads are always in a hurry, and this makes it a full-proof yet one of the funny excuses for not doing homework.
"I was having my breakfast while my homework was kept on the drawing table. My father, who was getting late to the office, took my homework thinking to be his file papers and left for the office.”
5. What? Did You Ask Us to Bring the Homework Too?
"Tutor, I did all the questions, as you said in my rough notebook. I thought you had asked us to practice them. I didn't know that we have to bring the work to school too. Sorry, teacher! I will bring it tomorrow." *Sincere Mode ON*
This excuse is evergreen and works fine even in the 21 st century as well.
6. Soap Went Into My Eyes & I Couldn’t See All Day
Here is again one of the most funny homework excuses that will surely tickle your bones. It is a good habit to wash your face daily, but this good habit can restrict you from completing the homework. Here's how:
“As told by you, I was washing my face after attending school. But sadly, soap water got into my eyes, and I couldn't see for the whole day. Due to this, I couldn't do my homework."
7. My Younger Brother Ripped It Apart
Do you have a younger sibling? If not, then produce them imaginary as it is the only way your teacher might not scold you. Toddlers are always mischievous when they are around stationery items. They will draw on walls, tear books, write on paper, etc. So, here is your plot:
“Professor, I finished the work timely, but my younger sister ripped it apart. Please, give me another chance.”
8. My Mom Suffered a Nervous Breakdown & She Made Paper Boats of My Homework
"God knows why she behaved like this. I was very frightened. My father is out of town. In fact, I was not coming to school today, but my grandma forced me to attend. Had I not come to school, my mother would have torn all my books.”
One of the best excuses for not doing homework, when performed perfectly, will do miracles for you. Thank us later!
9. There Was Electricity Cut Off. I Accidently Ignited My Homework to Reach to the Fuse Box
"Oh, God! Yesterday was such a bad day for me. We had a power cut at our house, and in order to reach the fuse box, I ignited my homework papers thinking to be the rough ones. Tutor, I swear that I worked really hard to do the homework.”
Don’t know whether the teacher will spare you or not. But, it is sure that he will die laughing. Let us now move on to the next excuse.
10. Teacher, I Think Someone Has Stolen My Work!
"I left my homework on your desk before you came, and now it is not here. I think someone has stolen my work, tutor. It took me great efforts to finish it.”
Among all the good excuses for not doing homework, this one is widely used by the 21 st -century students.
11. My Cat Ate My Homework
Your cat will never forgive you for using this excuse, but all is well that ends well.
“My angry cat jumped on my study table and ate the papers. She is very mischievous. Can I submit my work tomorrow?”
12. I Never Believed in Magic Until I Saw the Ink Disappearing!
"You will be shocked to know that the ink started disappearing as soon as I finished my work. Is my house haunted?"
If you manage to hit the right chords of the teacher’s mind, then you can get yourself an extra day for finishing the homework.
13. My Fingers Are Paining. I Think It Is the Hairline Fracture.
For this excuse, you will require a first-aid box. Dress the cotton and wrap the cloth on your finger. To make it look real, use some antiseptic solution too.
“My fingers came between the doors. It was paining badly, so I skipped doing the homework."
14. Wind Blew Away My Homework
"I was writing my homework while sitting in the balcony. Suddenly, strong winds started blowing, and it suddenly slipped from my hands. I even ran after it."
CAUTION: Make sure that your class teacher doesn’t reside near your locality.
15. My Dad Used It As a Tissue Paper During Urgency
YUCK & FUNNY at the same time. But, students think of everything that can save their valuable grades.
“My dad was suffering from Diarrhea, and in case of urgency, he quickly took my homework papers, thinking that they are rough ones."
This brings us to the end of the write-up. Reading so far, you must have known one of the most funny excuses for not doing homework. You can use them & save yourself from the teacher’s wrath.
However, in case you don’t feel to use them and are thinking of other ways to safeguard your grades, then consider seeking homework writing service from Instant Assignment Help.
Who Can Write My Homework? Here’s the Answer
Instant Assignment Help, the No.1 homework writing help website, is the perfect destination to reduce the academic workload from your shoulder. Rated 4.8/5, the brand has delivered 100,000+ projects across various academic disciplines. The website shelters highly skilled & experienced online homework writers, researchers, editors, proofreaders, and quality analysts. Below are some of the guarantees offered by the website:
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Work
- Cheap Homework Writing Service
- Timely Delivery
- Refund Policy
- 24*7 Customer Support
So, what are you waiting for? Quickly reach the CPM homework help writers of Instant Assignment Help & take home an impeccable piece of paper in no time.
Fill Your Requirements & Get Professional Help
Price Start From
FOR FIRST ORDER GET EXTRA 25% OFF
Our unique Features
24/7 Customer Support
100% Customer Satisfaction
No Privacy Infringement
Latest Blog Posts
Black Friday: Get to Know What You Have Been Missing Till Now!
What Is an Appendix in an Essay? Know Its Structure & Interesting Tips
Please rotate your device
We don't support landscape mode yet. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience
Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Are you one of those who are making excuses because you don’t like homework? If yes, you are not alone. Many students don’t like to do homework . They think of it as a burden.
Student: “will you punish me for the thing i didn’t do?” Teacher: “No, not at all.” Student: ” Thank God! I have not finished my homework.”
Academic time is exciting, but it still comes with many burdens. Due to the hardships of life, not all students can complete their homework on time. To avoid getting into trouble, students make several excuses for not doing homework on time to their teachers. Most of the time, the same explanations annoy the teacher, and they can punish the student.
Here we explain some common excuses for not doing homework. Read thoroughly!
Why Do Students Think Homework Is a Burden?
Table of Contents
Homework quantity depends on the overall growth of the student. Too much homework is a hindrance in the student’s path. And they start to consider it a burden.
Parents also agree that if homework is given within a limit, it helps the child’s overall growth. But today, students get so much homework after school. That is why they don’t even get the time to play and participate in outdoor activities. It affects their growth. They start avoiding them and make excuses for not doing homework. Following are the common excuses students make for avoiding doing homework-
8 General Excuses For Not Doing Homework
1. I Forget to bring my notebook
It is one of the common excuses that students make. If it is the first time you didn’t do homework, then this trick will work for you. Many students forget to get their notebooks in a hurry. Normally, teachers trust students if they make this excuse. Remember, don’t make this excuse again and again or give too much explanation on it.
2. Didn’t understand the homework
Most of the students use this excuse. They said that they didn’t understand the homework assigned. So they ask for guidance from the teacher and try to do it a second time.
Be careful when you give this excuse because the teacher will cross-question to clear your doubts. You have to act smart and read the homework once so that you have questions to ask the teacher.
This excuse’s positive impact is that it tells your teacher to try to do the homework and get extra time to finish it.
3. Not feeling well
Another common excuse for not doing homework on time is not feeling well. This excuse is passed from generation to generation. You can also use this excuse to say you had a terrible headache. That is why you are not able to do work. It helps you to get sympathy from your teacher. Everyone understands it is hard to work with a severe headache.
4. Someone stole my homework
In school, stealing necessary things from other students is known to everyone. You can use this excuse for not completing the homework, and no teacher will scold you. He will allow you to complete it the very next day.
5 Use the excuse of absent
If your teacher normally does not notice who is attending the class or who is not, you can use this excuse for not doing homework. You can tell you are absent on the day he assigned the homework. However, he will give you some more time to finish your homework.
6. My pet ate my homework
It is also one of the common excuses for not doing homework. Many students use their pet as a shield to save themselves from the teacher. You can say this, I did my homework, but my dog tears into pieces.
7. Electricity problem
In the era of the ’90s, there was an electricity problem. It was the common excuse for not completing the homework. Many students are likely to use it, but your teacher won’t believe it as it seems like a funny homework excuse.
8. Speak the truth
We all know we can’t always make excuses for not doing homework. If you try to make excuses every time, there is a higher chance of getting caught in your trap. Sometimes it is ok to do that, but not doing homework every time is not a good habit. So, try to do the homework; if you won’t complete it, it is a valid reason. It will help you in building trust, and your teacher surely appreciates your effort.
All the above excuses will work, but homework is necessary because it helps you understand the concept and improves your cognitive thinking ability. Teachers make sure they will not assign too much homework at one time.
Good Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Following are the good excuses for not doing homework., it is such as;
1. Internet Issue
In this modern era, homework is based on technology. If your school also provides homework through online mode, it can make the best excuse for you not to do homework. It included believable excuses for not doing homework; you can use this excuse if you are not doing it. The types of internet issues arise at home, like the mobile or router’s internet not working, slow internet, damaged cabling, weak Wi-Fi signals, etc.
2. Laptop or Computer Issue
Moreover, another best excuse for homework is a computer issue. The types of computer issues are system crashes, overheating, operating system working abnormally, and the computer won’t start, computer restarting by itself, update issues, frozen screen, slow computer, and system not working. Try this excuse if your homework is based on a laptop or computer. It helps you to defend yourself from teacher rebuke.
3. Light Issue
On the other hand, the light issue is the best excuse for not doing the homework. It is a good excuse for not doing the homework. You can try this excuse when you are not completing your school homework. It included good excuses for not doing homework during online.
4. Family Issue
Moreover, another excuse to neglect homework or not do homework is a family issue. You can also use this issue. Here is the list of family conflicts included in the believable excuses for not doing homework.
- Moving to a new house or country.
- Separation or divorce.
- Change in financial circumstances.
- Traveling long distances to work.
- Commuting interstate for work.
- Birth of a baby
- Family functions, etc.
Other 100 Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Let’s know the other best 100 excuses for not doing homework; it’s given below.
Best Excuses For Not Doing Homework
The following are the best excuses for not doing homework; it’s given below.
Believable Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Following are some believable excuses for not doing homework for students.
- I was sick.
- My computer crashed, or the homework file got corrupted.
- I broke my arm.
- There was a death in the family.
- I have too much homework in other subjects.
- My bag got stolen.
- My internet died.
- I had a personal issue I was dealing with.
- I was in the hospital.
- My parents forced me to spend time with them.
- Terrors took it away from me and ripped it up.
- My dog ate my homework notebook.
- Practice for School functions or competitions
Funny Excuses For Not Doing Homework
Following are the main funny excuses for not doing homework given below.
Following are the good excuses for not doing homework.
Excuses For Not Doing Homework During Online Class
You might follow the below-given points to know the best excuses for not doing homework during online classes.
- Online homework is bad; I didn’t understand it adequately.
- My mobile phone or router’s internet connection was not working.
- While the teacher gave the homework, my router’s internet connection was working slowly or interrupted.
- My computer crashed, and it’s not working.
- The zoom app was not working on my computer.
- I could not understand the homework due to a lack of face-to-face interaction.
- I had physical health problems and high-stress levels.
- Night filled with extra-curricular activities.
- My little brother bothered me.
- My father was out of town because I had no mobile phone.
- I left the class when it was assigned.
- Pretend to be sick.
- There was a function at our house last night.
Homework Excuses For Strict Teachers
These are the best homework excuses for strict teachers, such as;
Foolproof Excuses For Not Doing Homework
You might follow the below given foolproof excuses for not doing homework.
Best Excuses For Not Doing Homework During Quarantine
These are the following steps to best excuses for not doing homework.
- I was suffering from Covid.
- It was just too boring, but I have an online class
- I had a mental breakdown because of quarantine anxiety
- My router’s wifi was down.
- I got sick.
- I had family issues. i.e., my mom is in the hospital
- My computer crashed.
- I have network issues, so I didn’t see the announcement
- Sorry, I couldn’t get it to load.
- My dog pissed on the computer and tried it though
- I had no extra mobile phone because my older mobile phone was not working.
Reasons that show homework is important
- Homework helps in the revision of the classwork
You will notice that certain key points are repeated when you sit down to work on your homework after school. School is not a place to restate old concepts; rather, it is a place to discover new ones. When you come home, you should revise these concepts again.
- Homework acts like a bridge between parents and teachers .
It helps in making a healthy relationship between parents and teachers. Parents can interact with the teacher and also know about the teaching pattern.
If you want to know more about why homework is important, then click on this blog link 👈👈
We hope you find this blog helpful. We cover excuses for not doing homework that students use, but doing homework is equally important. Make sure before using any excuses; it would be best if you understand your teacher. Some teachers believe in your excuse, and some do not. If possible, try to mention the genuine reason.
Though, every student must try to complete their homework. It helps you understand important concepts. Don’t make irrelevant excuses. So, it is better to do homework on time, even calltutors provide service for a term like do my homework for me cheap , so feel free to contact an expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i excuse myself from unfinished homework.
It’s good for you to tell the truth, and tell your teacher why you couldn’t finish your homework. A sincere apology can go a long way. You might say, “I am sorry, but I got behind on things and couldn’t finish my homework.
What Do I Do If I Don’t Want To Do My Homework?
First of all, you need to finish your favorite work. Stay calm and listen to motivational songs. Take the help of your teachers or friends to finish the homework.
Can I Refuse To Do Homework?
Yes, you, as a human being, have the freedom to refuse to do something like homework. But to refuse the homework, ensure first why you are refusing it and the reason behind it.
Top 19 Tips & Tricks On How To Improve Grades?
Do you want to improve your grades? If yes, then don’t worry! In this blog, I have provided 19 tips…
How To Study For Final Exam – 12 Proven Tips You Must Know
How To Study For Final Exam? Studying for the final exam is very important for academic success because they test…
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Funny Homework Excuses
Everyone has experienced schooling life. Once upon a time, we all were the kids and teenagers always had a headache of completing the homework on time to avoid the punishment. But still, due to the carelessness and getting involved in the extracurricular activities, at some point we cannot complete the homework. At that time, we used to give numerous excuses to the teachers for being unable to complete the homework on time.
However, if you are concerned about how to write homework fast , then you should definitely check our previous article.
1. I didn’t want to do it
2. family pet ate it, 3. left it at school over the weekend, 4. i don’t know where it is, 5. i was gone when it was assigned, 6. i’m sick, 7. don’t understand the assignment, 8. night filled with extra-curricular, 9. the wi-fi wasn’t working, 10. give it to my friend, avail top-notch homework help from students assignment help, some excuses for not completing homework on time.
Most of the students do not like completing the homework, but the fear of the teacher and parents insists them to complete the homework. Still, there are some funny excuses that most USA students give to their teachers every now and then.
Consult Essay Writing Expert & Get Premium Essay Topics
A simple refusal to do the assignment indicates that the student is being truthful and not just talking. If the student says they just didn’t want to do it, you know they’re sincere. This is a type of excuse that might work with some teacher but not for parents. If your parents listen to this from you, they might take away all your favorite gadgets.
Whether they are dogs, cats, bunnies or guinea pigs, there’s no need to worry about what you have going on. They just don’t care regardless of how important something is. The best part about this excuse is that if you’re diligent about keeping an eye on your writing, your parents might not be upset. However, your teachers might be.
Another reason for not completing the homework on time was that the notebook was left in the class over the weekend. This can be the logical and realistic excuse that might save you from getting punished by the teachers.
If you give this excuse that you are unaware of where you have misplaced the notebook in which you were supposed to complete the homework, it might put you in trouble because it’s your responsibility to take care of the notebook. So, unfortunately, this excuse might not work in the majority of the case. But still, you can try this excuse if your notebook has actually been stolen.
Another excuse that most students give for not completing the homework is that they were not available in class when work was being assigned. But in today’s digital world, this excuse will rarely work as teachers send the assignments to your mobile phone even if you are not present in college/school.
One of the oldest excuses that every student must have given their school life to the teachers for not doing the homework that is “I was sick”. There are very rare chances that this excuse will work on the teacher because teachers are very clever and have the necessary skills to catch the excuse you are giving.
Learning varies from person to person. Some people learn quickly and only need one lesson to get a good hold on the subject. Others are not so quick, requiring multiple lessons to understand the subject truly. Yet sometimes, it’s completely fine to try things and learn from the mistakes you did.
There is often a lot to be done after school, including sports practice, an after-school job, and school-related activities. It’s not uncommon for students to be busy all night long, from the moment school gets over until the time when they have to crawl into bed. The basketball game that went into overtime can be an excuse if you have to do homework at 10 pm, but that’s sometimes the only option.
Hire an Essay Writer to Write your Complete Essay on Time
The growing technology and convenience that we receive from the internet also come with several technical issues. No doubt, if you are using some technical or electronic item, it will obviously have some issues which can keep your work on hold.
The same rule applies to the Wi-Fi signal. Several schools in the United States provide students with the facility of completing homework on laptops or tablets. Nothing is a better excuse than to say the Wi-Fi had some network issues in such a case. This is considered as one of the logical issues and sometimes the real ones.
Another possible excuse that you can give for not completing homework on time is that you have given your notebook to your friend, but they misplaced it due to which you weren’t able to complete the homework.
What is the best excuse to miss homework?
Some best excuses that most of the students give for missing the homework:
- I completed the homework but didn’t find where I have kept my homework.
- My pet tore homework.
- My laptop or computer has gone for repair.
- I was not available in the class when the homework was being assigned.
What do you say when you don’t do your homework?
If you can’t complete your homework, you should be honest about it. You should apologize for not being able to do your homework. It is understandable that you got behind on your homework and didn’t have time to finish it.
What are good excuses for late assignments?
Some most possible used for submitting the assignment late.
- Accusing illness of late homework is unjust. Sickness and illness are natural occurrences, and they cannot be avoided.
- Someone died in my house.
- I’m a caretaker
- Job Interview.
We hope the above excuses might have saved you from your parents and teachers. Most of the excuses above are common among the students, which might or might not have saved them from the punishment of the teachers. But continuously giving such excuses might be the biggest trouble for you because no teacher will accept the excuses every time, hindering your image in front of your mates and lowering your marks in the schools or college.
However, it is not uncommon for students to experience unique experiences, but writing about that experience and composing an assignment can be challenging. Students assignments help i.e., reliable assignment help company USA completely understand every student’s situation and are considered the best solution in such situations. Our experts provide all the students great assignment help, no matter their writing skills, inability to develop a lucid idea or insufficient knowledge regarding how to create a high-quality assignment.
Consult with USA Essay Writers to Write your College Essay
Explore More Relevant Posts
- Positive Effects of Homework for American Students
- How International Education Prepares Students for Future Success
- A Short and Actionable Guide on Publishing a Memoir Book
- Homework Help Websites For College Students
- How to Help my Child Stop Procrastinating
- Mathxl Cheating Hacks: How to Get Mathxl Answers
- ProctorU Cheating Guide for College Students
- Homework Cheats Website for USA Students
- Why Do Students Procrastinate Homework
- Individual vs Group Assignment
- Homework pros and cons
- How to Reduce Homework fatigue
- Should Homework be Banned
- How to Motivate Yourself to Do Homework
- How to Write Nursing Progress Notes
- How to Write Essays Faster
- How Long Should a College Essay Be
- How to Pass a Test Without Studying or Cheating?
- How to Finish a Lot of Homework in One Hour
- Hardest Accounting Assignments Subjects
- How to Stop Procrastinating Homework
- How to Focus on Homework And Not Procrastinate- Explained By 7 Tips
- How to Cheat in Homework – New and Traditional Tricks
- How to Cheat in Exam Hall | Trick to cheat in exam,
- How Reduce Homework Fatigue – Best Tips & Tricks
- 7 Proven Ways To Overcome exam Failure
- How to Work More Efficiently – 7 Proven Tips to Be Efficient Worker
- Homework Make Me Sleepy – Why & How to Solve it
- I Have Too Much Homework
- When is The Best Time to Do Homework
- How to Do My Homework During the Holidays
- Overcome Test Anxiety
- How to Finish Homework Fast
- How to Study For a Test
- Start Studying For Math Exam With Best Tips
- Easy Tips To Improve Children’s Homework Experience
- How to Summarize an Article Without Plagiarizing
- How Tired Students Can Complete Their Assignments? Easy Tips
- Who Invented Homework and Why
- Why I Hate Homework?
Get Free Assignment Quote
Enter Discount Code If You Have, Else Leave Blank
- Explore Some Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework
Are you finding Some Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework? You must know that homework is very important to do. Students get homework regularly. But, they cannot do it every day. Sometimes, they do not find any attraction in it. They want to play with their friends instead of doing homework. This is very common because always students do not want to do their task. For them, I have some Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework. They can tell these excuses to the teacher to protect them from getting the punishment. Some Funny Excuses For Not Doing Homework:
- Kidnapped by the terrorist:
Students can tell that they were kidnapped by the terrorists. After sometime, they were releasedbecause they requested to the kidnappers for several times. So, they did not get time to do the homework.
- Father threw it in the dustbin:
You can say that you have gone to the toilet and your father by mistakes threw it in the dustbin.
- Mother burned the copy:
Students can tell to their teacher that their mother has taken the homework copy and burned it in the flame because she thought that these copies are useless.
- Pickpocket stole it:
One day, I could not get the time to do my homework because I went to the party. Next day, I told my teacher that I kept the homework copy in my back pocket and a pickpocket stole it.
- Friend has not returned it:
You can give more Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework . You have to say that you have given your exercise book to your friend and she has not returned the copy.
- Father has taken it:
Students can make a funny excuse by saying that their father has kept the copy in the suitcase. So, they cannot show the homework. My English teacher was very good and she always likes to tell me what her students tell her when they could not do their homework. I want to share those excuses to you so that you can understand what you can say to your teachers. But you have to remember that doing homework is a very essential thing that helps the students to improve their knowledge and skill in a subject. So, they should not avoid this. But, if they do not want to do it sometimes they can use these excuses. These are:
- Got soap in the eyes:
Students say that they got soap in their eyes. So for the entire night they could not see anything.
- Internet problem:
Their internet speed was down so they could not get the information that they need to write in the homework.
- Left in the locker:
They tell that they have left it in the lock because they thought this was their old copy.
- Friends took it:
Students have given to their copy to their friend for help them but their friend has taken the copy and went to another place.
- Virus in the printer:
They have found virus in their printer. So they could not print out the homework.
- Father ill:
Their father was ill. So they had to goo the hospital and they did not get the time to do.
- They were afraid:
Sometimes, students say that they were alone in the room so they got afraid. They were puzzled and did not know how to do the homework at that moment. All these excuses are given by the students that my teacher regularly faces. I tell all these because to help you. If you use them you can save yourself and can avoid the tension of getting punishments. You can know 10 Best Excuses for Not Doing Your Homework and save yourself . There is more Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework . You can also use these. These are:
- Relatives came:
You can tell that yesterday your relatives have come to meet you. So, you could not get enough time for finishing the tasks.
- Sister has destroyed it:
You can inform your teacher that your sister has destroyed your homework copy because she was playing with you.
- Virus in the computer:
Your computer has virus problem. So, you cannot do your task properly.
- Health problem:
You can tell that you had headache last night. So, it is very difficult to do homework with the health problem.
- Parents were quarrelling:
Students can say that their parents were quarrelling with each other so they could complete their tasks. Try to motivate yourself for doing the homework: You have not done your tasks so you are thinking to give excuses to your teacher. But you have to focus on doing your homework. Here, I think that I should give you some suggestions that can help you to focus on your studies so that you do not have to say excuses to the teachers.
Sometimes, students have to go somewhere. Because of this, they cannot get the time to do their homework. So, they have to make a perfect plan and here they have to set a time. If they follow the plan, they can do everything and they can also enjoy their personal life. If students follow this rule, they do not have to tell Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework .
- Do not sit with the mobile:
Mobile distracts our mind. So, you should not sit with the mobile. Try to concentrate on the subject and try to complete the homework very fast so that you can spend your time on other purposes.
- Take teachers help:
If you have any problem of understanding the subject, you can take the help of the teacher. Proper understanding will increase your interest in the subject.
- Online help:
Students can alsotake the guidance of the online teachers. They are always available to help the students with their effective study materials.
- Fix a time for doing the homework:
You have to fix a time and every day you should do your homework at that fixed time. It will make a habit to do your tasks. So, you do not need to give Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework . You can use these Funny Excuses for Not Doing Homework . If you have any idea you can share with us and you can also tell these tips to your friends.
Biology Homework Tips: The Ultimate Guide for Success
Feb 18, 2023 | Biology , Homework Help
10 Advantages of Using Online Homework Help Websites in 2022
Jul 20, 2022 | Homework Help
How to Create Meaningful and Effective Assignments through My Homework Help
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.
0, text: error()">
Let's fight boredom together!
Become a member
0, text: error(), css: errorCssClass">
Please provide your email address and we will send your password shortly.
If there's a Bored Panda account associated with , you'll receive an email with instructions.
If you don't receive an email, please check your spam inbox, or enter your email address again .
Please enter your email to complete registration
Activate to continue
Your account is not active. We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account.
- Home & Design
The Bored Panda iOS app is live! Fight boredom with iPhones and iPads here .
- Success stories
- --> -->