- Help Center
- Google Assistant
- Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
Change your nickname
You can change the name your Google Assistant calls you.
Edit your nickname
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings."
- Make your changes.
Change how your Google Assistant says your name
- Tap Spell it out , and then spell out the sound of your name. For example, "Sandra" can be spelled as "Sahndruh."
- Tap Record your own , and then say your name.
- To hear the way your Google Assistant says your name, tap Play .
Need more help?
Try these next steps:.
How do I change my nickname?
Need more help?
- Main content
How to change your nickname and username on Discord
- You can change your nickname on a Discord server by editing your server profile.
- You can also change your nickname within a Discord chat using the slash command.
- Changing your username will change it for all servers on Discord.
In real life, nicknames have a way of sticking with us — even if we don't necessarily love them.
But on Discord, nicknames are a choice built into the many options users have for customizing their experience on the platform. And you can change them anytime, provided your role on the server has the permission to do so.
How to change your nickname on a Discord server
1. Log into your Discord account on your Mac or PC and choose the desired server in the left sidebar.
2. In the right-most panel with the list of server members, right-click on your username and select Edit Server Profile.
3. Enter your new nickname in the text field and click on Save Changes .
Alternatively, if you don't mind a more public process, you could use the slash command "/nick" followed by your desired nickname, within a chat for that server, to quickly change it.
How to change your username on Discord
You can also change your username for all servers instead of changing only your nickname for a particular server.
1. Open Discord and log into your account.
2. Select the gear icon, located in the bottom-left section of the screen, just to the right of your current username.
3. Click Edit next to your username information.
4. Enter your new username and current password in the corresponding fields, then click Done .
How do I change my name or nickname in GroupMe?
You can change your GroupMe name by editing your profile. You can also change your nickname per chat, so you can have different nicknames in different chats.
To change your name in GroupMe:
Select your profile picture .
Tap the Edit profile button.
Tap your Name , then enter your new name.
To change your nickname in a chat:
Go to the chat in which you want to change your nickname.
Tap the group avatar .
Tap Edit your profile .
Tap in the Edit nickname field, then enter your new name.
Tap the Name field, then enter your new name.
Go to the chat in which you want to change your name.
Tap the chat name at the top of the screen.
Tap Nickname , then enter your new name.
Select your avatar (profile picture).
Type your new name in the Name field .
Click away from your profile to save your name change.
Select the chat name at the top of the screen.
Select Edit your profile .
Enter your new name in the Nickname field.
Sign in to your GroupMe account in a web browser.
Select your avatar (profile picture), then click the Edit button next to the name field.
Type the new name.
Select the group name at the top of the screen.
Select Settings .
Select the Your Profile tab.
Select Edit in the Your Nickname field, then enter your new name.
Need more help?
Want more options.
Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more.
Microsoft 365 subscription benefits
Microsoft 365 training
Communities help you ask and answer questions, give feedback, and hear from experts with rich knowledge.
Ask the Microsoft Community
Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft 365 Insiders
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.