- Kindergarten Fractions Worksheets
Learning About Halves, Thirds, and Fourths
This series of free kindergarten worksheets can help educators introduce fractions to young children. The activities include drawing the missing half of shapes, coloring happy and sad faces to identify shapes that are divided equally, cutting and pasting the other half of shapes, dividing squares into equal parts, coloring one-third and one-fourth of various shapes, and using a word bank to write the names of different shapes.
Please share our free worksheets. Thank you!
Free Fractions Worksheets
Flexible Options: Download, Print, or Use Our Free Fractions Worksheets Online
- Printable Worksheets - Effortlessly Print from Your Web Browser
- PDF Worksheets - Easily Download and Access Files Anytime
- Interactive Digital Worksheets - Enjoy an Engaging Online Experience
Our fractions worksheets are designed to be convenient for educators and families. We offer three options to access our free worksheets. You can download the PDF file, print it from your browser, or use the online version of our kindergarten worksheets. These options allow you to save, print, or complete our worksheets directly on our website. By providing these flexible options, we aim to make learning fractions accessible, convenient, and engaging for teachers, parents, and kids.
Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Equal Parts Worksheet Printable
- Matching Halves of Shapes Worksheet
- Draw the Other Half of Shapes Worksheet
- Halves Worksheet
- Fractions Worksheet
- Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Kindergarten Numbers Worksheets
- Kindergarten Addition Worksheets
- Kindergarten Subtraction Worksheets
- Kindergarten Counting Worksheets
- Kindergarten More or Less Worksheets
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Kindergarten Measurement Worksheets
- Kindergarten Patterns Worksheets
- Kindergarten Graph Worksheets
- Kindergarten Place Value Worksheets
- Kindergarten Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Making 10 Worksheets
Main Categories of Kindergarten Worksheets
- Kindergarten English Worksheets
- Learning About Our World
- Kindergarten Holiday Worksheets
- Kindergarten Seasons Worksheets
Join Us On Facebook
Fraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
Fraction worksheets for kindergarten can be used by kids to start their journey in learning about fractions and other associated concepts. These math kindergarten worksheets include questions in the form of fun activities such as coloring a part of the whole to give a fraction, identifying a fraction from a figure broken down into parts, and so on.
Benefits of Kindergarten Fraction Worksheets
Fractions can prove to be a confusing topic, especially for kids as they are used to dealing with whole numbers. To ensure that children have a good understanding of the topic students need to solve numerous practice questions that are easily available in the fractions worksheet for kindergarten. In addition to this, the worksheets also have several visual simulations and interesting graphics that help children assimilate information at a faster pace.
Printable PDF for Math Fraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
The fraction worksheets for kindergarten is flexible, easy to use, and available in PDF format.
- Math Fraction Worksheet for Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Fractions Worksheet
- Kindergarten Math Worksheet Fraction
- Fractions for Kindergarten Worksheet
Explore more topics at Cuemath's Math Worksheets .
Resource types, all resource types, free kindergarten fractions worksheets.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Mystery Pictures Thanksgiving - Multiplication and Division Facts
Personal Finance Unit - PBL Simulation - Print and Google™ Drive
STEM PBL Civil Engineering- Traffic Jam! Pine City Measurement Math Project
Math Coloring Pages Solve, Color, Cut Bundle
Thanksgiving Math & Literacy, ELA Activities Worksheets Kindergarten
Thanksgiving Literacy and Math Activities for Kindergarten
Thanksgiving Kindergarten Pack, No Prep, CCSS Aligned
Beginning & Ending Sounds Worksheets, Letters, Blends and Digraphs
Fraction Halves and Quarters | Equal Parts | Sharing Equally | 1st Grade Math
Turkey Fractions for Kids FREEBIE!
Equal Shares Practice / whole, halves, fourths
Fractions: Halves, Thirds, and Fourths Penguin
Making it Fair with Equal Shares
First Grade Fractions-Equal Parts
Fractions for Beginners
Make a Fraction - Making Halves Quarters Eighths - Spring Craft FREEBIE!
Fractions - Divide the Shapes in Equal Parts - Whole, Halves, Thirds, Fourths
Fractions- Partitioning Figures
Fraction Sorts for equal and nonequal parts
First Grade Fractions and Partitioning Worksheets | FREEBIE
Shading Equal Parts
- Word Document File
Equal Parts, Parts of Whole FREEBIE
Give Me Half Mini Book & Activities
K-1 Fractions 1/2 Half Activity Worksheet
Fractions and Skip Counting by 5s - CRAFT MINI PACK - Cute Activity FREEBIES
Equal and Unequal Parts
Part and Whole- Conceptual Introduction | Class and Individual Picture Sorts
K-1 Pumpkin Fractions Worksheet
November & Thanksgiving Math Printable Preview Freebie
Kindergarten Fractions Workheet Fair Shares
Equal Halves Shapes Worksheet
Fractions of a Collection - Color in Worksheets - Half of a Collection FREEBIE!
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $5.90
1st Grade Fractions Worksheets
Grade 1 fractions worksheets.
These grade 1 worksheets introduce students to fractions. The focus is on gaining a conceptual understanding of what a fraction means ; this is largely approached by comparing fractions to simple shapes which have been divided into equal parts . Fractions of a group or set are also introduced.
Identifying equal parts - fractions worksheet
More fractions worksheets
Explore all of our fractions worksheets , from dividing shapes into "equal parts" to multiplying and dividing improper fractions and mixed numbers.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- Fraction worksheets
Fraction worksheets for kindergarten: printable and fun activities
Are you looking for engaging and educational fraction worksheets for your kindergarten students? Do you want to help them develop a solid foundation in math and fractions? If so, you are in the right place!
In this resource, we will share some amazing free printable and fun fraction worksheets and activities you can use in your classroom or at home. These worksheets and activities are designed to introduce fractions to kindergarten students in a fun and interactive way.
They cover different difficulty levels and skills, such as identifying fractions, comparing fractions, coloring fractions , and more.
You will also find some tips and tricks for teaching fractions effectively and creatively and some fun games and puzzles to reinforce fraction concepts and practice.
What are fractions, and why are they important?
Apart from learning and understanding what fractions are , finding out why they are important in math and our daily lives is also necessary.
Fractions are a way of representing parts of a whole . For example, if you have a pizza and cut it into four equal slices, each slice is one-fourth or one-quarter of the pizza.
Fractions help us measure and compare quantities that are not whole numbers, such as half a cup of milk, three-quarters of an hour, or two-thirds of a candy bar.
Fractions are essential because they are everywhere in our daily life. We use them to tell time, measure ingredients for cooking, divide things equally among people, describe shapes and patterns, and more.
In addition, fractions help us develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills. They prepare us for more advanced math topics like decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
BROWSE THE WEBSITE
Download free worksheets, k- math topics.
- Learn to count up to 3
- Counting from 1 to 5
- Count up to 10
- Learn to count up to 20
- Counting to 100
- Skip counting
- Sum and difference
- Addition up to 5
- Addition up to 10
- Subtraction up to 5
- Subtraction up to 10
- Introduction to symmetry
- Data and graph
How to introduce fractions to kindergarten students with fun activities?
The best way to introduce fractions to kindergarten students is to use concrete objects and manipulatives they can see, touch, and explore. For example, you can use:
- Food items include pizzas, pies, cookies, cakes, sandwiches, etc.
- Shapes, such as circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, etc.
- Paper or cardboard cut-outs of shapes or food items
- Fraction tiles or strips
- Fraction circles or bars
- Fraction spinners or dice
- Fraction dominoes or cards
You can use these objects and manipulatives to show your students how to:
- Divide a whole into equal parts
- Name the parts using fraction words and symbols
- Identify the numerator (the number of parts) and the denominator (the total number of parts) in a fraction
- Compare fractions with the same or different denominators using words like equal, more than, less than, etc.
- Find equivalent fractions (fractions that have the same value but different names) by using models or pictures
- Add or subtract simple fractions with the same denominator by counting the parts
Fraction worksheets for different levels of difficulty and skills
To help your students practice and master fractions, you can use the worksheet we created for you. They are printable and easy to use. You can choose from different difficulty levels and skills according to your student's needs and abilities.
Here are some examples of the fraction worksheets that you can find in this resource:
- Identifying fractions : These worksheets help your students recognize fractions using pictures or models. They have to name the fraction shown or match it with the correct word or symbol.
- Comparing fractions : These worksheets help your students compare fractions using pictures or models. They must use words like equal, more than, less than, etc., to compare two or more fractions.
- Coloring fractions : These worksheets help your students practice coloring fractions using pictures or models. They have to color the given fraction of a shape or a group of objects.
- Cutting fractions : These worksheets help your students practice cutting fractions using paper or cardboard cut-outs. They have to cut out the given fraction of a shape or a food item.
Tips and tricks for teaching fractions effectively and creatively
To make your fraction lessons more effective and creative , you can use these tips and tricks that we acquired from our experience as kindergarten tutors:
- Use real-life examples and contexts to make fractions relevant and meaningful for your students. For example, you can use food items that they like or are familiar with, such as pizzas, pies, cookies, cakes, sandwiches, etc.
- Use different types of objects and manipulatives to show fractions in various ways . For example, you can use shapes, paper cut-outs, fraction tiles or strips, fraction circles or bars, fraction spinners or dice, fraction dominoes or cards, etc.
- Use games and puzzles to make fractions fun and engaging for your students. For example, you can use bingo, memory, matching, sorting, dominoes, puzzles, etc.
Use songs and chants to help your students remember fraction words and symbols .
For example, you can use this song:
" One whole is two halves, Two halves make one whole. One whole is four quarters, Four quarters make one whole. One whole is three thirds, Three thirds make one whole. Fractions are easy, Fractions are fun! We love learning fractions, We're number one! "
Use stories and books to introduce fraction concepts and vocabulary . For example, you can use this book:
The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins
This is a story about two children with 12 cookies to share equally. But every time the doorbell rings, more friends arrive, and they have to divide the cookies into smaller and smaller parts. This book helps your students understand how fractions can divide things equally among people.
Fun games and puzzles to reinforce fraction concepts and practice
To reinforce fraction concepts and practice , you can use these fun games and puzzles we created for you. They are printable and easy to use. You can play them with your students in small groups or pairs.
Here are some examples of the games and puzzles that you can find in this article:
- Fraction bingo : This is a game where your students have to match fraction pictures or models with fraction words or symbols on their bingo cards. The first one to get five in a row wins.
- Fraction memory : This is a game where your students have to match pairs of cards that show equivalent fractions using pictures or models. The one with the most pairs wins.
- Fraction matching : This is a game where your students have to match cards that show fractions with the same value but different names using pictures or models. The one with the most matches wins.
- Fraction sorting : This is a game where your students can sort cards that show fractions into categories based on their size (more than half, less than half, or equal to half) using pictures or models. The one who sorts all the cards correctly wins.
- Fraction dominoes : This is a game where your students have to connect dominoes that show equivalent fractions using pictures or models. The one who uses all their dominoes first wins.
- Fraction puzzles : These are puzzles where your students have to complete pictures that show fractions using pieces of fraction parts. The one who completes all the puzzles correctly wins.
Important facts about fraction for Kinders
Given that fractions represent equal parts of a whole, our free fraction worksheet pdf are made up of simple shapes divided in equal and unequal fractional parts.
This beginning fractional concept is aimed at helping kids to easily know and thus identify shapes with equal parts only.
As they do this, they are actually building an excellent foundation to a perfect understanding of fractions. Equally important, our Fraction vocabulary for kindergarten , consist of a marvelous approach which will help kids to have an easy mastery of fractional words such as halves , thirds and fourths .
Fractions is one of kid’s first experiences beyond the knowledge of addition and subtraction. Notwithstanding, this printable fraction worksheets for kindergarten will help kids overcome the greatest challenge of manipulating fractions, and as well understand how numbers interact . Consequently, they’ll grab the concept of division at their fingertips.
Best fun fraction activities for kinders – foundational block for advanced math
Ooops, it’s all about fun and easy math from kindergarten to higher heights. As parents engage their kids in this best fun fraction activities for kinders , they are in essence laying a foundational block for advanced math .
Being fluent in fraction vocabulary for kindergarten enhances and prepares kids for huge success in higher math’s concepts, such as algebra, geometry, highest common factor, lowest common multiple and many others.
“Hey kids, do you even realize that you use fractions in your daily lives? Not sure I think” just imagine that you want to equally share 1 cake with your friend. An equal share will therefore mean that each person will obtain only half.
This fun fraction vocabulary for kindergarten activity builds confidence in kids and a quest for further learning. Given the exercise below, we’ll therefore determine which shapes are halves, thirds or fourths.
Example: halves, thirds and fourths - Which shape shows thirds?
It is very easy to understand the concept of halves, thirds and fourths . Considering the fact that they are very basic concepts, kids simply need to have in mind that;
- halves signify two ( 2) parts
- Thirds signify three ( 3) parts
- Fourths signify four ( 4) parts
So following our question which shape shows thirds? We’ll look for the shape that is divided into 3 parts.
We have placed a tick on the first shape, because it has been divided into 3 parts, thus “ thirds ”.
Wow! Just so awesome and very simple.
Thank you for sharing the links of MathSkills4Kids.com with your loved ones. Your choice is greatly appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful in teaching fractions to your kindergarten students. With these fraction worksheets, tips, tricks, games, and puzzles, you’ll agree that fractions are essential, fun, and easy to learn.
If you liked this resource, please share it with your friends and colleagues who might also be interested in teaching fractions to their kindergarten students.
Thank you for reading, and happy teaching!
Learning About Halves, Thirds, and Fourths | kindergartenworksheets.net: https://www.kindergartenworksheets.net/kindergarten-fraction-worksheets.html
Preschool and Kindergarten Math Worksheets | Biglearners: https://www.biglearners.com/worksheets/kindergarten-preschool/math/fractions
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
This is mathskills4kids.com a premium math quality website with original Math activities and other contents for math practice. We provide 100% free Math ressources for kids from Preschool to Grade 6 to improve children skills.
Data & Graphs
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our team Don't Pass on to third parties any identifiable information about mathskills4kids.com users. Your email address and other information will NEVER be given or sold to a third party.
USE OF CONTENTS
Many contents are released for free but you're not allowed to share content directly (we advise sharing website links), don't use these contents on another website or for a commercial issue. You're supposed to protect downloaded content and take it for personal or classroom use. Special rule : Teachers can use our content to teach in class.
- Work Sheets
- Teaching Tools
Equal parts, equal to whole numbers, word problems, related worksheets, weekly newsletter.
- terms of service
copyright @ 2023 edubuzzkids . all rights reserved
- --> Math English