Advance seat selection refund
This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Vacation Rentals
- Things to do
- Things to Do
- Travel Stories
- Rental Cars
- Add a Place
- Travel Forum
- Travelers' Choice
- Help Center
Purchasing seat assignments on Lufthansa - Air Travel Forum
- Tripadvisor Forums
- Air Travel Forums
Purchasing seat assignments on Lufthansa
- United States Forums
- Europe Forums
- Canada Forums
- Asia Forums
- Central America Forums
- Africa Forums
- Caribbean Forums
- Mexico Forums
- South Pacific Forums
- South America Forums
- Middle East Forums
- Honeymoons and Romance
- Business Travel
- Train Travel
- Traveling With Disabilities
- Tripadvisor Support
- Solo Travel
- Bargain Travel
- Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
- Air Travel forum
This shift to nickel and diming you for every little thing is such a nuisance. Thank you all in advance.
It took a few minutes, but this is posted on their website.
Refunds of paid-for seat reservations
Seat reservations that have already been paid for are refundable in the following cases:
An unforeseen disruption, such as bad weather, means you have to be rebooked on another flight on which there is no equivalent seat available for you.
You cancel your flight and your ticket is refundable.
Refunds can be requested in the LH.com service area under or through the Lufthansa Service Center, but are not possible either directly at the airport or on board your flight . Please contact Lufthansa as soon as possible after your flight for possible refunds.
Paid-for seat reservations cannot be refunded if:
You cancel your flight and your ticket is non-refundable.
You receive an upgrade from Lufthansa for operational reasons or as a gesture of goodwill.
You change your seat, but the new seat is cheaper than the one you originally booked or is free of charge.
You do not satisfy the conditions for sitting in an emergency exit row.
You rebook your flight , but there are no longer equivalent seats available on the new flight , seat reservations on the new flight are free of charge or this flight is not operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional or Austrian Airlines .
You change your flight and in the process change the routing.
Thank you so much for finding this. It was very thoughtful of you. Now lets hope I do not need to use the refund request option.
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.
- Smartfares is a SCAM 5:50 am
- penang to siem reap airasia flight 5:14 am
- Budget airlines baggage dimensions from India 4:35 am
- Common area between terminals 4:18 am
- Quick question re: one-way ticket to Philippines 4:13 am
- edream Review 4:00 am
- Travel with two different airlines for umrah from pakistan 2:47 am
- Airpaz refund 2:35 am
- Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam 1:19 am
- flight change at Dallas airport 12:59 am
- Transit Visa Required? 12:32 am
- Laptop in carry-on with TSA precheck 11:12 pm
- Tui dreamliner 8:07 pm
- Flying as a family yesterday
- ++++ ESTA (USA) and eTA (Canada) requirements for visa-exempt foreign nationals ++++
- ++++ TIPS - PLANNING YOUR FLIGHTS +++++++
- Buy now or later? What's with these screwy ticket prices?
- Around-the-world (RTW) tickets
- Skipping Flights on one ticket - Why You Can't
- Risks of "connecting" between flights on separate tickets
- All you need to know about OPEN JAW tickets
- Beware of cheap business class tickets (sold by 3rd parties)
- ++++ TIPS - PREPARING TO FLY +++++++++
- TIPS - How to prepare for Long Haul Flights
- TIPS - Being Prepared for Cancellations and Long Delays
- TIPS - How to survive being stuck at an airport
- Flights delays and cancellations resources
- How do I effectively communicate with an airline?
- Airline, Airport, and Travel Abbreviations
- Baggage Rules for Multi-Carrier Flights
- Air Travel Queries: accessibility,wedding dresses,travelling with children.
- Connecting Flights at London Heathrow Airport
- TUI Airways (formerly Thomson) Dreamliner - Movies and Seating Information
- ++++ COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION ++++
- Covid-19 Coronavirus Information for Air Travel
- Go to navigation
- Go to main content
- Go to search
- Go to footer
If you wish to refund your ticket, you can cancel your trip and request a refund under “Flight details” in "My bookings".
If you are unable to do so, you can also request a refund using the form below. In this case, your request will be processed manually at our service centres.
The refund will be made using the same payment method that you used.
Terms and conditions for refunds
A complete refund is only possible in the following circumstances:
- Your flight was cancelled without a replacement.
- The scheduled departure time at your departure airport was brought forward by more than an hour or delayed by at least two hours.
- The scheduled arrival time at your destination is delayed by at least two hours.
- The actual departure time was changed on the current day or the following day by more than five hours in the event of short-term flight disruptions.
Partially used tickets will be refunded pro rata.
In other cases, such as voluntary cancellation, travel, or medical restrictions, a refund is subject to certain conditions. We advised you of this when booking. For non-refundable fares, only taxes and fees can be refunded.
Travel agency tickets
For tickets which were booked via a travel agency, we recommend that you contact them. Should you require a faster response or should you have any other reason, please contact us again for processing.
Request ticket refund manually
Please check and complete your details before submitting the form.
For tickets which were booked via a travel agency, we recommend that you contact them. If you do not receive a timely response or it seems necessary for other reasons, please contact us again for further processing. To Service Centre
Details about the unused flight and/or service coupon, chat assistant service.
If you have any further questions, feel free to use our Chat Assistant service.