Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print From only $2.60
Sixth Grade Math Worksheets
Free grade 6 worksheets from k5 learning.
Our printable grade 6 math worksheets delve deeper into earlier grade math topics (4 operations, fractions, decimals, measurement, geometry) as well as introduce exponents, proportions, percents and integers .
Choose your grade 6 topic:
Place Value & Scientific Notation
Add & Subtract
Multiply & Divide
Decimals & Percents
Fractions to / from Decimals
Decimals - Add and Subtract
Decimals - Multiply
Decimals - Divide
Add & Subtract Fractions
Multiply & Divide Fractions
Sample Grade 6 Math Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
- Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
- Number charts
- Skip Counting
- Place Value
- Number Lines
- Word Problems
- Comparing Numbers
- Ordering Numbers
- Odd and Even
- Prime and Composite
- Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers
- In and Out Boxes
- Number System Conversions
- More Number Sense Worksheets
- Size Comparison
- Measuring Length
- Metric Unit Conversion
- Customary Unit Conversion
- More Measurement Worksheets
- Writing Checks
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Tally Marks
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Mean Absolute Deviation
- Stem-and-leaf Plot
- Box-and-whisker Plot
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn Diagram
- More Statistics Worksheets
- Shapes - 2D
- Shapes - 3D
- Lines, Rays and Line Segments
- Points, Lines and Planes
- Ordered Pairs
- Midpoint Formula
- Distance Formula
- Parallel, Perpendicular and Intersecting Lines
- Scale Factor
- Surface Area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- More Geometry Worksheets
- Converting between Fractions and Decimals
- Significant Figures
- Convert between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Direct and Inverse Variation
- Order of Operations
- Squaring Numbers
- Square Roots
- Scientific Notations
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Absolute Value
- More Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Translating Algebraic Phrases
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equations
- Sequence and Series
- Complex Numbers
- More Algebra Worksheets
- Math Workbooks
- English Language Arts
- Summer Review Packets
- Social Studies
- Holidays and Events
6th Grade Math Worksheets
Count on our printable 6th grade math worksheets with answer keys for a thorough practice. With strands drawn from vital math topics like ratio, multiplication, division, fractions, common factors and multiples, rational numbers, algebraic expressions, integers, one-step equations, ordered pairs in the four quadrants, and geometry skills like determining area, surface area, and volume, organizing numerical data as dot plots, histograms and box plots, finding mean, median, and quartiles of datasets, these pdfs become your often go-to place. Grab your ticket to a great start with our free math worksheets for grade 6 students!
Select Grade 6 Math Worksheets by Topic
Explore 4,600+ Sixth Grade Math Worksheets
Division | 4-Digit by 2-Digit and 3-Digit
Divide a 4-digit number by a 2-digit or 3-digit number, starting from the largest place value and dividing your way down to the last digit to find the quotient and remainder (if any).
Drawing Shapes to Represent the Ratio
Jazz up your ratio skills with our 6th grade math worksheet pdfs. Direct students to visually represent the terms of each ratio by sketching the specified number of shapes.
Multiplying Two Fractions by Cross Cancelling
Breaking down the numerator and denominator into prime factors, cross-cancelling the common factors, and multiplying the uncancelled parts of the fraction are all grade 6 learners are expected to do!
Expressing Decimals in Words | Up to Millionths
Let your understanding of decimal place value soar to new heights as you dive into these printable 6th grade math worksheets and express decimals up to millionths in words and vice versa.
Finding the GCF of Two Numbers
Follow the step-by-step process of finding the GCF by listing out all the factors of each pair of 2-digit numbers, then compare the factors, figure out the common ones and the greatest among them is your answer.
Representation of Integers
Laying a strong foundation in integers becomes easy with a touch of real-world offered in these grade 6 math pdf worksheets, where each scenario should be represented with a positive or negative integer.
One-Step Equation: Addition and Subtraction | Integers
Rearrange the equation, making the variable the subject, and take the integer constant to the other side and change its sign, add or subtract to find the value of the unknown variable.
Identifying Ordered Pairs in All Quadrants
Get acquainted with the coordinate plane, the four quadrants, and the ordered pairs. Identify the point representing each ordered pair in Part A; and locate and write the x-y coordinates of each point in part B.
Determining the Area of a Square
Equip grade 6 children with these printable math worksheets, if practice in determining the area of a square is on your mind. Get students to square the fractional side lengths and compute the area.
Identifying Nets of 3D Shapes
Get 6th grade learners to imagine folding the 2D nets presented in this printable math worksheet along the edges and visualize the 3D shapes that can be constructed from them.
Surface Area using Nets | Counting Squares
Whether it is refining or testing skills in counting the unit squares to determine the surface area of rectangular prisms, cubes or triangular prisms from their nets, these pdfs serve the purpose.
Descriptively analyze each dataset, by rearranging the values in ascending order and figuring out the maximum and minimum values, and the lower or 1st, median or 2nd, and upper or 3rd quartiles.
Division of 5-Digit Numbers by 1-Digit and 2-Digit Divisors
Push boundaries and brush up your division skills with adequate practice provided by these exercises in dividing 5-digit numbers with single and double-digit divisors.
Ratio Word Problems | Part-to-Part
Put your analytical skills to test with our 6th grade math worksheet pdfs. Study the data given in the pictogram and answer the set of questions detecting the part-to-part ratio in each scenario.
Multiplying Mixed Numbers and Fractions
Effortlessly multiply mixed numbers and fractions by converting the mixed numbers to improper fractions, cross cancelling the common factors and then multiplying what's left over.
Become a Member
Copyright © 2023 - Math Worksheets 4 Kids
Members have exclusive facilities to download an individual worksheet, or an entire level.
Sixth Grade Math Worksheets - Free PDF Printables with No Login
6th Grade Online Math Worksheets
According to the Common Core Standards, in Grade 6, instructional time should focus on four critical areas: (1) connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems; (2) completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of number to the system of rational numbers, which includes negative numbers; (3) writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and (4) developing understanding of statistical thinking.
6th Grade Domains
If you know a particular Common Core Domain that you'd like to practice, you can drill down to it here.
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
- Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.
All 6th Grade Online Math Worksheets
This is a listing of all our 6th Grade Online Math Worksheets. Newest worksheets are on top!
Connect with Us
Rate and keep track of your favorite activities! Sign Up to Rate Activities!
Create an Account!
Please pick a grade, elementary school math games, middle school math games, elementary school videos, middle school videos, elementary school worksheets, middle school worksheets, elementary school activities, middle school activities.
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
6th Grade Math Worksheets Hub Page
Welcome to our 6th Grade Math Worksheets hub page.
This is a new hub page and currently under development - so there will be more 6th grade resources on the way soon!
Here you will find a wide range of free printable worksheets that follow the standards for 6th Grade .
Come and take a look at our adding subtracting fractions page, or our 6th grade math games page. Looking for some help with algebra? We have some basic algebra worksheets too.
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
6th Grade Math Learning
Here are the standards for the end of the year for 6th Grade.
- Find the greatest common factor of whole numbers up to 100.
- Find the least common multiple of two whole numbers up to 12.
- Recognise opposite signs of numbers (positive and negative) as being on opposite sides of 0 on a number line.
- Recognise that the opposite of the opposite of a number is the number itself e.g. -(-7) = 7
- Understand a rational number as a point on a number line.
- Find and position rational numbers on a range of number lines.
- Understand the absolute value of a number.
- Write, interpret and explain statements about rational numbers, such as -3°C > -7°C
- Write and evaluate expressions involving whole number exponents.
- Fluently divide multi-digit numbers.
- Fluently add, subtract, multiply and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm.
- Find the percentage of a quantity as a rate per 100.
- Divide fractions by fractions using visual models.
- Solve problems involving dividing fractions by fractions.
- Understand the concept of ratio and use ratio language.
- Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b.
- Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve a range of problems.
- Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers
- Identify parts of an expression using mathematical terms (sum, term, product, factor, quotient, coefficient);
- Evaluate expressions at specific values of the variables of different formulas.
- Apply the properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions, e.g. 10 + 5y = 5(2 + y).
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Write an inequality of the for x<c or x>c to represent a constraint or condition.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability
- Summarize and describe distributions
- Display numerical data in plots on a number line, including dot plots, histograms, and box plots
- Find the median and the mean of a set of data.
- Find the interquartile range and/or mean absolute deviation and describe patterns in data.
- Find the area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons.
- Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths
- Apply the formulas V = l w h and V = b h to find volumes of right rectangular prisms.
- Draw polygons in the coordinate plane given coordinates for the vertices.
- Use coordinates to find the length of a side joining points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by graphing points in all four quadrants of the coordinate plane.
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets made up of rectangles and triangles.
- Use the nets to find the surface area of these figures
6th Grade Math Worksheets
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for 6th grade.
Quicklinks to 6th Grade ...
- 6th Grade Place Value
- 6th Grade Number Sense Zone
- Addition and Subtraction
Word Problems Zone
Fractions Percentages Ratio Zone
- Percentages Zone
- Algebra Zone
- Geometry Worksheets
- Area & Perimeter Worksheets
- Converting Measures Worksheets
Data Analysis Zone
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
6th Grade Place Value Zone
Ordering Numbers, including Negative Numbers, Decimals to 3dp and Rational Numbers
The sheets in this section involve negative numbers, decimals to 3 decimal places, and a range of rational numbers.
There are sheets with decimals up to 10, and also sheets with numbers from -10 to 10.
- Ordering Decimals to 3dp
- Ordering Negative Numbers -10 to 10
- Ordering and Comparing Rational Numbers
Rounding Decimals and Significant Figures
- Rounding Decimal Places Sheets to 2dp
- Rounding Decimals Worksheet Challenges
- Rounding Significant Figures Worksheets
6th Grade Number Sense Worksheets
Here you will find a range of 6th Grade Number Worksheets covering skills connected to Numbers and the Number System.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- understand how to use inequalities including where you have two values
- understand how to use exponents (powers) of a number;
- find the greatest common factors of two numbers up to 100
- find the least common multiple of two numbers up to 12.
- extend their knowledge of prime and composite (non-prime) numbers up to 100;
- know and be able to use the PEMDAS (or PEDMAS) rule.
- understand and use absolute value
- Inequalities on a Number Line
- Writing Inequalities from Word Problems
Factors and Multiples 6th Grade Worksheets
- Greatest Common Factor Worksheets
- Least Common Multiple Worksheets
- Factor Tree Worksheets (easier)
- Prime Factorization Worksheets (harder)
PEMDAS and Order of Operations Worksheets
- PEMDAS Rule Support Page
- PEMDAS Problems Worksheets 5th Grade
- 6th Grade Order of Operations
- Absolute Value Worksheets
Roman Numerals Worksheets
- Roman Numerals worksheets
6th Grade Mental Math Quizzes
Here you will find a range of printable mental math 6th grade quizzes for your child to enjoy.
Each worksheet tests the children on a range of math topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math quiz!
- Mental Math Worksheets 6th Grade
Top of Page
4 Operations Zone
Decimal counting worksheets.
Using these sheets will support you child to:
- count on and back by multiples of 0.1;
- fill in the missing numbers in sequences;
- count on and back into negative numbers.
- find number bonds to 1;
- Counting By Decimals
- Decimal Number Bonds to 1
6th Grade Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
The following 6th grade math worksheets involve using addition and subtraction with a range of different number types.
- add and subtract decimals up to 3dp;
- add a columns of multi-digit numbers, including decimals.
- add and subtract positive and negative integers
The addition worksheet generator below will create a range of addition problems in columns, including decimals.
- Addition With Regrouping Worksheet Generator
- Subtraction With Regrouping Worksheet Generator
- Adding Positive and Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
- Subtracting Positive and Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable 5th Grade Multiplication Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the 6th Grade Math skills of multiplying multi-digit numbers, including decimals.
- extend their knowlege of multiplication to decimals;
- use their multiplication tables to answer related facts, including decimals;
- multiply a range of decimals by a whole number;
- multiply positive and negative numbers.
- Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Negative Number Multiplication (randomly generated)
- Multiply and Divide Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Division Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable 6th Grade Division Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the 6th Grade Math skills of dividing multi-digit numbers, including decimals, and solving division problems.
Using these sheets will help your child learn to:
- divide multi-digit numbers by one and 2-digit numbers;
- divide decimals.
- Divisibility Rules Worksheets
- Decimal Division Facts
- Long Division of Decimal Numbers
- Dividing Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Math Problems
Here you will find our selection of free 6th grade math word problems.
Each sheet is availabel in both standard and metric units (where applicable).
Each sheet comes complete with a separate answer sheet.
All the problems are based around 'real life' such as the planets, heights of mountains, or length of rivers.
Using these sheet will help your child to:
- apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills;
- apply their knowledge of rounding and place value;
- solve a range of problems including "real life" problems and ratio problems.
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems
- Fractions Worksheets
- Percentage Worksheets
- Ratio Worksheets
6th Grade Fraction Worksheets
Here you will find a range of free printable 6th Grade Fraction Worksheets.
At 6th Grade level, children are introduced to adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators. They know and can use equivalent fractions, and can multiply and divide fractions by whole numbers, as well as mixed numbers.
- add and subtract fractions and mixed numbers;
- understand how to multiply fractions by a whole number;
- understand how to multiply two fractions together, including mixed fractions;
- understand the relationship between fractions and division;
- know how to divide fractions and mixed fractions;
- convert decimals to fractions.
- Multiplying Fractions Worksheets
- Multiplying Mixed Fractions
- How to Divide Fractions
- Dividing Fractions by Whole numbers
- Divide Whole numbers by Fractions
- How to Divide Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing Fractions (Randomly Generated)
- Add Subtract Multiply Divide Fractions (Randomly Generated)
- Free Printable Fraction Riddles (harder)
- Fractions Decimals Percents Worksheets
6th Grade Percentage Worksheets
Take a look at our percentage worksheets for finding the percentage of a number or money amount.
We have a range of percentage sheets from quite a basic level to much harder.
- Percentage of Numbers Worksheets
- Money Percentage Worksheets
6th Grade Ratio and Unit Rate Worksheets
These 5th grade ratio worksheets are a great way to introduce this concept.
We have a range of part to part ratio worksheets and slightly harder problem solving worksheets.
- Ratio Part to Part Worksheets
- Ratio and Proportion Worksheets
- The Definition of Unit Rate
- Unit Rate Problems 6th Grade
6th Grade Algebra Worksheets
If you are looking for some 6th grade algebra worksheets to use with your child to help them understand simple equations then try our selection of basic algebra worksheets.
There are a range of 6th grade math worksheets covering the following concepts:
- Generate the algebra - and write your own algebraic expressions;
- Calculate the algebra - work out the value of different expressions;
- Solve the algebra - find the value of the term in the equation.
- Use the distributive property to factorize and expand different expressions
- 6th Grade Distributive Property Worksheets
- Expressions and Equations 6th Grade
- Basic Algebra Worksheets (6th & 7th Grade)
Geometry & Measurement Zone
Quicklinks to ...
6th Grade Geometry Worksheets
Here is our range of 6th grade Geometry worksheets.
- Geometry Nets Information and Worksheets
- Parts of a Circle Worksheets
- Coordinate Plane Worksheets (All 4 Quadrants)
6th Grade Area & Perimeter Worksheets
- Area of Parallelogram Worksheets
- Area of Quadrilaterals
- Area of Right Triangle
- Square Inside a Circle Area Support Page
- Surface Area Worksheet 6th Grade
6th Grade Measurement Worksheets
- Convert Customary Units of Length Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Convert Customary Units of Capacity Worksheets (randomly generated)
Find links to our 6th grade Statistics worksheets below.
Using these 6th grade math worksheets will help you to:
- find the mean of up to 5 numbers;
- find a missing data point when the mean is given.
- find the median of a set of data.
- Median Worksheets
- Mean Worksheets
- Mode and Range Worksheets
- Mean Median Mode and Range Worksheets
- Dot Plot Worksheets
- Box Plot Worksheets
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
- 6th Grade Math Games
Here you will find a range of free printable 6th Grade Math games.
All children like to play Math games, and you will find a good range of Grade 6 Math Games here for your child to play and enjoy.
The following games involve different 5th Grade Math activities which you and your child can enjoy together.
- Algebra Math Games
6th Grade Math Puzzles
Here you will find a range of printable 6th grade math puzzles for your child to enjoy.
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
Using these puzzles will help your child to:
- learn and practice their addition facts, including decimals;
- practice their subtraction facts, including decimals;
- practice and apply multiplication and division facts;
- develop problem solving skills and reasoning.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return from 6th Grade Math Worksheets to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
- 6th Grade Math
Grade 6 math worksheets: Improve kids’ math skills with fun exercises
Many parents and teachers face challenges in making math engaging and enjoyable for 6th graders. If you are one, then worry less. An effective way to help your child develop a positive attitude and a strong aptitude for math is by using Grade 6 math worksheets for math learning. Our outstanding collection of Mathskills4kids.com worksheets shares over thousands of fun exercises with simple strategies to improve kids’ math skills and eagerness to learn.
This article will explore the benefits of using grade 6 worksheets for math learning, the types of grade 6 worksheets available, how to choose the suitable grade 6 worksheets for your child, and tips for effectively using grade 6 worksheets.
We will also share fun and interactive activities to supplement grade 6 worksheet learning, online resources, and tools for grade 6 math learning. By the end of this article, you will better understand how to transform your child's math learning experience from boring to exciting with these 6th-grade math worksheets.
From boring to exciting: Transform your child's math learning experience with these 6 th Grade math worksheets.
Are you already preparing for back-to-school and wish to transform your child's math learning experience from boring to exciting activities? Then these 6th Grade math worksheets are for you.
To many people, math is a crucial subject for students in 6th grade. But the remarkable thing is that it lays the foundation for more advanced topics in algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability. Now, imagine the joy of seeing your child quickly grasp math concepts! It is incredible, right? That’s because we have included many practical, real-life activities that will reinforce your classroom and home math learning.
BROWSE THE WEBSITE
Download free worksheets.
Numbers Sense, Multiplication, and Division Worksheets Samples
Exponents & square roots
Exponents & Square roots, Number Theory, and Decimals Worksheets Samples
Add & subtract decimals
Multiply & divide decimals
Fractions & mixed numbers
Add & subtract fractions
Fractions & mixed numbers, and Operations on Decimals Worksheets Samples
Operations on Fractions, and Integers Worksheets Samples
Operations with integers
Operations with Integers, Mixed Operations, and Rational Numbers Worksheets Samples
Problem solving and estimation
Ratio and rates
Problem Solving and Estimation, Ratios & Rates, and Percentages Worksheets Samples
Measuring Units, Money Math, Consumer math, and Telling Time Worksheets Samples
One step equations
Coordinate Graph, Algebraic Expressions, and One-Step Equations Worksheets Samples
Solve & graph inequalities
Symmetry & transformation
Solve & Graph Inequalities, Two-Step Equations, Symmetry & transformation, and 2D Shapes Worksheets Samples
Data & graph
More Worksheets Samples
Start practice on Sixth Grade here
Learn more about sixth grade math, the importance of math learning in grade 6.
Math learning in 6th grade is important for several reasons. First, it helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential for academic success and life skills. Second, it prepares students for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century, such as STEM careers, digital literacy, and global citizenship.
Third, it fosters a sense of curiosity and creativity in students as they explore patterns, relationships, and connections in numbers and shapes. Fourth, it builds confidence and self-esteem in students as they overcome obstacles and achieve goals in math.
Common challenges in teaching math to Grade 6 Students
Teaching math to grade 6 students can be challenging. However, some of the common challenges that parents and teachers face are:
- Lack of motivation : Many students lose interest or enthusiasm in math as they progress to higher grades. They may find math boring, tedious, or too abstract. They may also have negative beliefs or attitudes about their math abilities or the value of math.
- Lack of understanding : Many students struggle to grasp the concepts and skills taught in 6th-grade math. They may have gaps in their prior knowledge or misconceptions about math. They may also struggle to apply what they learn to new situations or problems.
- Lack of practice : Many students do not get enough practice or feedback in math. They may lack time or resources to practice math at home or school. They may also not receive timely or constructive feedback on their work or progress.
- Lack of support : Many students do not get enough support or guidance in math. They may not have access to qualified or experienced teachers or tutors. They may also not have supportive parents or peers to help them with math.
Benefits of using Grade 6 worksheets for math learning
One way to overcome these challenges and improve your kid's math skills in 6th grade is to use Grade 6 worksheets for math learning . Grade 6 worksheets are printable or digital sheets that contain exercises, problems, questions, or activities related to the topics covered in 6th-grade math. They are designed to help students practice, review, reinforce, or extend their math skills and knowledge.
Some of the benefits of using grade 6 worksheets for math learning are:
- They increase motivation : Grade 6 worksheets can make math fun and exciting for your child. They can provide variety, challenge, and choice in your child's math practice. They can also reward your child with immediate feedback, recognition, or rewards.
- They improve understanding : Grade 6 worksheets can help your child master the concepts and skills taught in 6th-grade math. They can provide clear explanations, examples, and models of how to solve math problems. They can also expose your child to different types of questions or scenarios that test their understanding.
- They enhance practice : Grade 6 worksheets can give your child ample opportunities to practice math at their own pace and level. They can offer different difficulty levels, complexity, or length of problems. They can also allow your child to repeat or revise their practice.
- They provide support : Grade 6 worksheets can supplement your child's math instruction and guidance from teachers or tutors. They can be a reference or a reminder of what your child has learned or needs to learn. They can also offer hints, tips, or strategies to approach or solve math problems.
Types of Grade 6 Worksheets Available
There are many types of grade 6 worksheets that cover different topics and skills in the math curriculum. Some of the common types available on Mathskills4kids.com are:
- Number sense and operations : These worksheets help students practice basic arithmetic operations, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, exponents, and order of operations.
- Algebra : These worksheets help students learn how to use variables, expressions, equations, inequalities, and functions to model and solve problems.
- Geometry : These worksheets help students explore the properties and relationships of shapes, angles, lines, transformations, symmetry, and coordinate geometry.
- Measurement : These worksheets help students apply their knowledge of units, conversions, perimeter, area, volume, surface area, and capacity to real-world situations.
- Data analysis and probability : These worksheets help students collect, organize, display, interpret, and analyze data using tables, graphs, charts, and statistics. They also help students understand and apply the concepts of probability and chance.
How to choose the suitable Grade 6 worksheets for your child
When choosing Grade 6 worksheets for your child , it's essential to consider their needs and learning style. Here are some factors to consider:
- Curriculum Alignment : Ensure that the worksheets align with the curriculum your child is following in school. This will ensure they cover the relevant topics and concepts.
- Your child's learning style : Some children prefer visual aids, some prefer auditory cues, some prefer hands-on activities, and some prefer a combination. It would be best to choose worksheets matching your child's preferred way of learning and processing information.
- Your child's learning goals : What are the specific skills or topics that your child needs to improve or master? You should choose worksheets that target those areas and provide enough practice and feedback for your child to achieve their goals.
- Your child's learning level : What is your child's current level of math proficiency? You should choose worksheets appropriate for your child's level and challenge them without overwhelming them. You can use online assessments or consult your child's teacher to determine their level.
- Your child's learning interests : What are your child's hobbies or passions? You should choose worksheets that relate math to your child's interests and make them more relevant and engaging. For example, if your child loves sports, you can use worksheets that involve sports statistics or geometry.
- Interactive Features : If your child enjoys digital learning, opt for interactive worksheets. This will enhance their learning experience and make math more enjoyable.
- Variety : Look for worksheets that cover a wide range of topics within the grade 6 math curriculum. This will provide comprehensive coverage and allow your child to practice various skills.
Tips for effectively using Grade 6 worksheets
Using grade 6 worksheets can be a great way to enhance your child's math learning experience. However, there are some tips that you should follow to make the most out of them:
- Set a regular schedule : You should establish a daily routine for your child to work on the worksheets at a specific time and place. This will help your child develop good study habits and discipline.
- Monitor your child's progress : You should check your child's work regularly and provide feedback and encouragement. You should also review their mistakes and help them correct them. You can use online answer keys or solutions to check their work.
- Encourage Independent Thinking : Encourage your child to solve problems independently before seeking help. This fosters independence and critical thinking skills.
- Reward Effort : Celebrate your child's accomplishments and reward their efforts. Positive reinforcement goes a long way in motivating them to continue their math learning journey.
- Supplement with other resources : You should not rely solely on worksheets for your child's math learning. You should also use other resources such as textbooks, videos, games, apps, websites, and tutors to reinforce and enrich their learning.
Fun and interactive activities to supplement Grade 6 worksheet learning
While Mathskills4kids Grade 6 worksheets offer an engaging learning experience, it's important to supplement them with fun and interactive activities . Here are some ideas:
- Math puzzles : You can use math puzzles such as Sudoku, KenKen, Kakuro, logic puzzles, crosswords, word searches, etc., to challenge your child's math skills and logic. You can find these puzzles online or in books.
- Math games : You can play math games with your child, such as card games, board games, dice games, dominoes, etc., that involve math concepts and strategies. You can also use online math games or apps that are fun and educational.
- Math crafts : You can create math crafts with your child, such as origami, tangrams, paper planes, kaleidoscopes, etc., that involve geometry and measurement. You can also use online tutorials or books to guide you.
- Math experiments : You can conduct math experiments with your child, such as measuring ingredients for cooking or baking, estimating distances or heights using proportions or trigonometry, collecting data for surveys or experiments using statistics or probability, etc. You can also use online ideas or books to inspire you.
Bonus: Online resources and tools for Grade 6 math learning
Apart from Mathskills4kids.com , there are many online resources and tools that you can use to support your child's grade 6 math learning . Some of the best ones are:
- Khan Academy ( https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-sixth-grade-math ): This free website offers video lessons, exercises, quizzes, and tests on various grade 6 math topics. It also provides personalized feedback and progress tracking for your child.
- IXL ( https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-6 ): This subscription-based website offers interactive practice and assessment on various grade 6 math skills. It also provides detailed reports and analytics for your child.
- Math Playground ( https://www.mathplayground.com/grade_6_games.html ): This free website offers fun and engaging math games and puzzles for grade 6 students. It also provides instructional videos and worksheets for your child.
- Math is Fun ( https://www.mathsisfun.com/links/core-grade-6.html ): This free website offers clear and simple explanations, examples, and activities on various grade 6 math topics. It also provides online calculators and tools for your child.
We hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful. Try them out today, and don’t forget to CLICK THE SHARE BUTTON to allow others to benefit from this content!
Math doesn't have to be tedious for your child. Worksheets can be a valuable tool to help your child practice and master the math skills and concepts they need to succeed.
However, worksheets are not the only way to make math fun and exciting for your child. You can also use other activities, resources, and tools to supplement their worksheet learning and make it more interactive and enjoyable. These fun exercises will help your kid’s math skills and transform their math learning from boring to exciting.
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
This is mathskills4kids.com a premium math quality website with original Math activities and other contents for math practice. We provide 100% free Math ressources for kids from Preschool to Grade 6 to improve children skills.
Data & Graphs
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our team Don't Pass on to third parties any identifiable information about mathskills4kids.com users. Your email address and other information will NEVER be given or sold to a third party.
USE OF CONTENTS
Many contents are released for free but you're not allowed to share content directly (we advise sharing website links), don't use these contents on another website or for a commercial issue. You're supposed to protect downloaded content and take it for personal or classroom use. Special rule : Teachers can use our content to teach in class.