- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Screen Time Well-Spent: How to Choose the Right Free Preschool Games
In today’s digital age, it can be challenging for parents to navigate the world of screen time and technology for their preschool-aged children. However, with the right guidance and resources, screen time can be a valuable tool for early childhood education. One way to make the most of this opportunity is by choosing the right free preschool games. In this article, we will explore how to select high-quality educational games that are both fun and beneficial for your child’s development.
The Importance of Educational Games
Preschool is a critical time for children’s cognitive, emotional, and social development. Educational games provide an engaging platform for children to learn and practice essential skills while having fun. These games are designed to promote learning in areas such as mathematics, language development, problem-solving, creativity, and more.
When choosing free preschool games, it’s crucial to ensure that they align with your child’s developmental needs. Look for games that offer age-appropriate challenges and opportunities for growth. The right educational games can help children develop a love for learning while enhancing their cognitive abilities.
Researching Game Options
With an abundance of free preschool games available online, it can be overwhelming to find the ones that best suit your child’s needs. To make an informed decision, take some time to research different game options.
Start by reading reviews from reputable sources such as parenting blogs or educational websites. Look for feedback regarding the game’s educational value, ease of use, appropriateness for young children, and overall user experience.
Additionally, consider seeking recommendations from other parents or teachers who have used these games with their own preschoolers. Personal experiences can provide valuable insights into which games have been successful in supporting early childhood learning.
Evaluating Educational Content
Not all free preschool games are created equal when it comes to educational content. It’s important to evaluate the quality of the educational materials offered within the game. Look for games that have a clear educational objective and provide opportunities for skill development.
Pay attention to the specific skills targeted by each game. For example, some games may focus on letter recognition and phonics, while others may emphasize number sense or problem-solving abilities. Consider your child’s current areas of interest and any skills they may need additional support with when selecting games.
Furthermore, consider whether the game offers a progression of difficulty levels to challenge your child as they grow. This ensures that the game will remain engaging and beneficial over time.
Balancing Fun and Learning
While educational content is crucial, it’s equally important to choose free preschool games that are enjoyable for your child. The best learning experiences happen when children are fully engaged and motivated to participate.
Look for games with appealing graphics, vibrant colors, and interactive features that capture your child’s attention. Engaging storytelling elements or characters can also enhance the overall experience. Remember that learning should be fun, so choose games that strike a balance between education and entertainment.
Additionally, consider how the game encourages active participation from your child. Are there opportunities for hands-on exploration or problem-solving? Look for games that promote interactivity rather than passive consumption of content.
When it comes to screen time for preschoolers, choosing the right free educational games can make all the difference in their development. By researching different game options, evaluating their educational content, and finding a balance between fun and learning, you can ensure that your child’s screen time is well-spent.
Remember to regularly engage with your child during their screen time experiences by discussing what they are learning or playing together. By actively participating in their digital journey, you can maximize the benefits of free preschool games while fostering a healthy relationship with technology from an early age.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Free Preschool Worksheets
The idea behind this website is to make a place where parents, teachers, and childcare professionals can download and print free educational resources for preschoolers. Preschool-aged children will benefit the most from the free printable worksheets on the site right now but we also plan on adding additional resources for younger kids.
Worksheets Cover English, Math, Activities, and General Learning
Our free worksheets are broken down into four main categories and cover different areas of early childhood education. The preschool English worksheets category includes spelling, reading, rhyming, phonics, and alphabet printables. They are designed for preschoolers’ cognitive and literacy development. The preschool activity worksheets category includes scissors practice, mazes, connect the dots, coloring, and tracing printables. They help children with developing fine motor skills and critical thinking ability. The preschool math worksheets category includes shapes, position and order, numbers, measurement, and counting printables. Children will become familiar with basic math skills. The preschool learning worksheets category includes weather, holiday, seasonal, colors, and telling time printables. They are a wonderful way for kids to learn the fundamental aspects of life. All of our free preschool worksheets can be downloaded in the PDF file format and then printed or you can print the worksheets directly in your browser.
Free to Use Anywhere including Preschools, Daycare Centers, Summer Camps, and at Home
One of the more common questions we get is “What are we allowed to do with the worksheets?”. You can do everything you want with our free daycare worksheets except sell them. Print as many as you want and make as many copies as you would like. You are also allowed to use our free worksheets anywhere, whether it be a preschool, summer camp, kindergarten, home, or a local daycare center. We want the worksheets we have created to be used by as many kids as possible.
These Preschool Printables are Different
Daycare worksheets cannot just be handed out and expected to be completed. A toddler who is two years old and a preschooler who is four years old learn differently than older children. Younger kids need to have different types of engagement in order to facilitate learning. Many of our preschool worksheets have more than one way they can be utilized. Teachers and parents can print a worksheet and then make learning game or activity out of it. Childcare professionals can also put together lesson plans using the free printables that can fit into a prekindergarten curriculum.
Popular Free Worksheets
Get More Worksheets
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
Follow worksheetfun on pinterest - 100k, new worksheets, most popular preschool and kindergarten worksheets, most popular math worksheets, popular worksheets, top worksheets, follow worksheetfun on facebook - 25k, new - follow worksheetfun on instagram.
Scroll to Top
Educational Printable Activities for Kids and Preschool Worksheets
Early childhood is a very important period of rapid development in children. Children learn a lot within the first 7 years of their lives and develop all necessary motor and mental abilities, as well as physical, social, emotional, and educational skills. A child can grasp a vast amount of information, knowledge, and skills during their early childhood.
Recently Added Printable Activities
Popular Preschool Printouts
Printable Learning Activities to Develop Kid's Basic Preschool Skills
Early education plays a very important role in a child’s life because it develops the foundation for future school achievements. However, early education is only effective if a child is interested, engaged, and happy. Keeping in mind the three important characteristics of toddler’s and preschool education – «playing-exploring-active» – we have created printable educational preschool worksheets and board games for children of 1–7 years old, which assist in the learning and improvement of all types of children's skills.
Fine motor skills and pre-writing worksheets for kids
Fine motor skills development is an extremely important step in early education. Practice with colorful funny kindergarten worksheets makes a habit of regular learning, because of its fun and engaging manner. You can select an activity that is most preferable and effective for your child:
- sorting objects worksheets;
- matching worksheets for toddlers or preschool;
- tracing worksheets;
- color worksheet;
- cutting practice worksheets.
Math activities for toddlers, kindergarten and preschool
At the age of 2-3 years old , children get to learn figures and counting. By this age, they can distinguish geometric forms and solve simple math problems. Math learning preschool activities help to gain future academic achievements at school. Here are some useful tips:
- Demonstrate a practical usage of math in the real life. Point at everything related to counting around you. You can do this when shopping, cooking, and counting the time.
- Let a child investigate and work with things they are curious about: toys, candies, objects in nature, household items, money, etc.
- Use printable math games for kindergarten to make interesting lessons. Children like colorful and fascinating printouts, and it contributes to motivated learning.
Printable logic and critical thinking activities for play and fun
Taking full advantage of right decision-making can be learned even during preschool age. On our website, you can print free practical logical activities to teach children to assess the situation and make the most proper and effective decision.
Craft templates for creativity
Print out templates for paper crafts contribute to improving toddlers' imagination and creativity by helping them make handcrafted items. Let it be an absolutely free creative process, in order to unlock and develop a child’s imagination and creative potential. Simply color, draw, construct, and make your own design without any rules and limits, based only on your personal vision.
Activities to improve kids’ memory skills
Printable memory games develop a child's ability to grasp knowledge and memorize information. It also helps to better organize and remember their everyday tasks such as tidying up a room, filling a pencil case, cleaning their teeth, and helping their parents with simple household tasks.
Thematic preschool worksheets for everybody
A correctly chosen game topic is a key to success. If you select a worksheet on a topic that a child is curious about, you get a self-motivated, engaged, and active student. These worksheets help to capture a child’s interest and get them to concentrate on the task. Some learning activities (e.g. counting, graphomotor skills worksheets, pattern cutting, handwriting worksheets for kids, etc.) demand sitting still for a particular time. For children, this can be a problem unless they do something captivating. Interesting and entertaining learning is the most effective way of education – just remember to select the right topic for your child.
Quick and Easy Preschool Activities at Home
- Find the right printable activities for kids by topic, category, or age.
- Download or print it online for free.
- If you want to use printable worksheets many times, we recommend making a plastic lamination.
- Depending on the game, you can paste fastener tape on the laminated pieces.
- Using premium subscription , you can receive exclusive preschool learning games and other subscription benefits.
Why the Wunderkiddy?
- We create interesting play-based teaching materials that make learning fun.
- We provide parents with family activity ideas and free educational resources for noncommercial home usage.
- Teachers are also allowed to use free kindergarten worksheets from our site for group lessons with kindergarten children.
- We are open to new ideas. If you have one, just send us a message and our team will try their best to implement it.
- Print and make
Do you like learning about new things in English? We have lots of activity sheets about many different topics. Download and print the worksheets to do puzzles, quizzes and lots of other fun activities in English.
Christmas food in the UK
Helping the environment
Looking after pets
New Year's Eve
New Year’s resolutions
Olympic and Paralympic games
English courses for children aged 6-17
Sign up to our newsletter for free learning tips and resources
211 Preschool Worksheets
"Reading" pictures #1
Draw a circle around each word you see! In this early reading worksheet, your child draws circles around the word under each picture and then guesses what the word might mean based on the picture.
"Reading" pictures #2
Where's the word? In this early reading worksheet, your child draws circles around the word under each picture and then guesses what the word might mean based on the picture.
A practice sentence
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. Your child gets practice writing this sentence and coloring in the picture.
Above, on, below
Draw it! In this coloring math worksheet, your child will draw pictures on, above, and below other objects.
Above, on, below, part 2
Find it! In this coloring math worksheet, your child will identify whether objects are above, below, or on the ground.
Adding 1 more
In this coloring math worksheet, your child will find the group that has 1 more item than the other group and will be introduced to adding 1.
This early writing worksheet gives your child practice writing the entire alphabet in lowercase letters.
And 1 more makes…
What happens when you add 1 more? In this coloring math worksheet, your child will draw 1 more sock to complete each series as an introduction to learning to add 1.
Big triangles, small circles
In this coloring math worksheet, your child will color the big triangles red and the small circles blue, then count how many there are.
Big, bigger, biggest (preK, kindergarten)
Draw a bigger fish! Your child can practice the concepts of bigger and biggest in this coloring math worksheet.
Yes! Sign me up for updates relevant to my child's grade.
Please enter a valid email address
Thank you for signing up!
Server Issue: Please try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience