Help your child succeed in their SATs
The sats paper guide - free advice and help for the sats.
- KS1 Year 2 SATS PAPERS
- KS2 Year 6 SATs
- Level 6 SATs Papers
- Phonics Screening Test
- SATS PREPARATION GUIDES & BOOKS
- OPTIONAL SATS PAPERS
- SATs Information
- SATs Papers Forum
- Contents of KS1 English SATS Tests
- Contents of KS1 Maths SATS Test
Money Problems Worksheet and Explanation
We’ve structured this information to help children with their education. It is targeted at children in years 5 and 6 and the questions for the worksheet have been stripped from past papers. Having an understanding of money problems is part of the primary school curriculum and children will deal with money problems in both KS1 and KS2.
The Information below will give an overview of the topic and we have included a detailed worksheet with full answers. The worksheet includes 42 money problems questions and is relevant for KS2 pupils approaching their SATS test.
Download Free Money Problems Worksheet – Questions
Download free money problems worksheet – answers.
If you are not ready to download the worksheets yet, then read on for some information about money problems. This has provided to introduce the topics covered in the worksheet for those that might be unfamiliar but also as a quick revision tool for those that would like a quick refresher before accessing the worksheet.
Money Problems Explained
Money problems importance.
Money is one of the most important real life applications of maths, we use money most days and it is therefore important that children understand what money is, how it is used and the various other aspects of money. Money is also a useful teaching tool as it combines many of the other skills learnt during the primary curriculum such as addition and subtraction and digits and decimals.
- Understanding the importance of value and that each coin is worth a certain amount. Building on this, it is also important that children understand that multiple smaller amount coins are equal to single larger amount coins e.g. £1 is worth ten 10p pieces and that are various ways to make up the same amount using a range of coins e.g. £1 is also equal to two 50p pieces.
- Finding change. Using subtraction to give and receive the correct change whilst completing a transaction.
- Money related vocabulary. It is important that children understand words such as ‘change’, ‘spent’ or ‘gave’.
Money in KS1
Here children are introduced to the concept of money and how we can use addition and subtraction to calculate different amounts. They also begin to understand the value of coins and how many of one coin is equal to another coin as well as the purpose of using larger value coins. Children will also begin to calculate change through simple role-play transactions.
Money in KS2
Building on what they have learnt in KS1, children will now start to use the monetary decimal system learning that one pound and eleven pence can be written as £1.11 or 111p for example. Using multiple stage transaction problems they will become confident with how to calculate change and using money to buy items, this also familiarising them with the monetary terminology mentioned above.
Please feel free to download the money problems worksheet and answers. No registration is necessary.
The sats forum - answers to common questions about the sats exam, favourites links, ks2 year 6 sats papers.
KS1 Year 2 SATS Papers
Free SATS Preparation Guides
Pages of Interest
Top ten tips, spag test ks2, why sats matter, sats guided courses.
SATs Papers Guide Copyright © 2023
- 6th Grade Math
Fun and educational money math worksheets for 6th Grade learners
Understanding and using money math skills is vital for 6 th Grade learners as it prepares them for solving real-world money problems and some advanced math topics. Hence, if you are looking for resources to teach your students how to solve their financial transactions confidently, you are in the right place. This article has prepared some fun and educational money math worksheets for 6th-Grade learners to practice and confidently apply their money skills to many real-life scenarios.
6th Grade money math worksheets: How they can help your kids develop essential skills for the Future
As one of our primary objectives in this article, we will introduce you to Mathskills4kids.com , an outstanding website with remarkable 6th Grade money math worksheets . You may be wondering how these worksheets will help your kids develop essential skills for the future . Worry less. Just try them out and see how your 6 th Grade math students can make smart financial decisions now and in the future.
Money math is an important topic for 6th graders to learn and practice because it helps them develop essential skills for managing their finances, such as budgeting, saving, and investing.
It also prepares them for more advanced math topics, such as algebra and geometry, that involve money and decimals.
In this article, however, we will review some basic money concepts, introduce money math skills for 6th grade, and provide fun and engaging money math activities and worksheets for 6th graders to try at home or in the classroom.
BROWSE THE WEBSITE
Download free worksheets, grade 6 math topics.
- Whole numbers
- Exponents and square roots
- Number theory
- Add & subtract decimals
- Multiply & divide decimals
- Fractions & mixed numbers
- Add & subtract fractions
- Multiply fractions
- Divide fractions
- Operations with integers
- Mixed operations
- Rational numbers
- Problems solving
- Ratio & proportions
- Measuring units
- Consumer math
- Telling time
- Coordinate graph
- Algebraic expressions
- One step equations
- Solve & graph inequalities
- Two-step equations
- 2D Geometry
- Symmetry & transformation
- Geometry measurement
- Data and Graphs
Start practice on Sixth Grade here
Why money math matters for 6th graders.
Money math matters for 6th graders because it helps them understand the value of money and how to use it wisely. Money math teaches them how to compare prices, calculate discounts, sales tax, and interest, and make intelligent decisions about spending and saving.
Money math also helps them develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills useful for many other subjects and situations. By learning money math, 6th graders can become more confident and responsible with their money and prepare for their future financial goals.
Review of basic money concepts: coins, bills, and decimal notation
Before diving into money math skills for 6th grade, let's review some basic money concepts that 6th graders should already know. These include:
- The names and values of coins and bills in the U.S. currency system
- How to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide money amounts using coins and bills
- How to write money amounts using decimal notation (e.g., $3.25)
- How to compare and order money amounts using decimal notation (e.g., $3.25 < $4.50)
- How to round money amounts to the nearest cent, dime, or dollar using decimal notation (e.g., $3.27 ≈ $3.30)
Also, if your 6th grader needs a refresher on these concepts, you can download the following fun and educational money math worksheets from Mathskills4kids.com and give them to practice:
- Coin Recognition Worksheets : These worksheets help students identify and count coins by their names and values.
- Money Addition Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice adding money amounts using coins and bills.
- Money Subtraction Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice subtracting money amounts using coins and bills.
- Money Multiplication Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice multiplying money amounts by whole numbers or decimals.
- Money Division Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice dividing money amounts by whole numbers or decimals.
- Money Decimal Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice writing, comparing, ordering, and rounding money amounts using decimal notation.
Money Math Skills for 6th Grade learners: Calculating Discounts, Sales Tax, and Interest
Now that we have reviewed some basic money concepts, let's move on to some money math skills specific to 6th-grade learners . These money mathskills4kids’ skills include:
- How to calculate discounts using percentages (e.g., 20% off)
- How to calculate sales tax using percentages (e.g., 8% sales tax)
- How to calculate simple interest using the formula I = Prt (where I is the interest amount, P is the principal amount, r is the annual interest rate, and t is the time in years)
- How to apply these skills to real-world scenarios involving shopping, banking, and investing
These skills are essential for 6th graders because they help them understand how money changes over time due to various factors. They also help them evaluate different options and make informed choices when buying or selling goods or services or borrowing or lending money.
To help your 6th grader master these skills, you can download the following fun and educational money math worksheets from Mathskills4kids.com to help them practice:
- Discount Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice calculating discounts using percentages.
- Sales Tax Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice calculating sales tax using percentages.
- Simple Interest Worksheets : These worksheets help students practice calculating simple interest using the formula I = Prt.
- Money Word Problems Worksheets : These worksheets help students apply their money math skills to real-world scenarios involving shopping, banking, and investing.
Money math activities for 6th Grade: Budgeting, Saving, and Investing
Another way to help your 6th Grade students learn and enjoy money math is to engage them in fun and interactive money math activities involving budgeting, saving, and investing .
These activities can help your 6th grader develop essential life skills such as planning ahead, setting goals, tracking expenses, making trade-offs, saving for the future, and growing their wealth.
Some examples of these activities are:
They will also adjust their budget according to unexpected events such as emergencies or windfalls. This activity helps students learn how to manage their money and live within their means.
They also have to consider different saving options such as bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or bonds. This activity helps students learn how to save for their future and appreciate the power of compound interest.
They also have to monitor the performance of their portfolio and calculate their profits or losses. This activity helps students learn how to invest in the stock market and understand the risks and rewards of investing.
How to help your 6th Grader master money math
As a parent or teacher, you can play a vital role in helping your 6th grader master money math . Here are some tips on how you can support your 6th grader's money math learning:
- Encourage your 6th grader to practice money math regularly using the resources provided in this article or other online or offline sources.
- Make money math fun and relevant by connecting it to your 6th grader's interests, hobbies, or aspirations. For example, you can use money math to plan a family vacation, buy a gift for a friend, or start a business.
- Involve your 6th grader in real-life money situations such as shopping, banking, or investing. For example, you can let your 6th grader compare prices, calculate discounts or sales tax, or choose a saving or investing option.
- Praise your 6th grader's efforts and achievements in money math and celebrate their progress and improvement. For example, you can reward your 6th grader with a certificate, a sticker, or a treat for completing a money math worksheet or activity.
Bonus: More money math resources for sixth-Graders practice
If you want to give your 6th grader more practice and fun with money math, here are some web links with descriptions of online games, videos, and worksheets that you can use.
- Math Playground : Money Games . This website has a variety of interactive games that let your 6th grader practice money skills such as counting change, making change, comparing prices, calculating discounts, and more. Some of the games are also available as apps for mobile devices. https://www.mathplayground.com/index_money.html .
- Khan Academy : Money . This website has videos and exercises covering money topics such as decimal notation, place value, rounding, adding and subtracting decimals, multiplying and dividing decimals, and converting between fractions and decimals. The videos are clear and engaging, and the exercises provide instant feedback and hints. https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/arith-decimals .
- Math Goodies: Percent and Proportions Worksheets . This website has a collection of printable worksheets that help your 6th grader practice calculating percentages, proportions, discounts, sales tax, interest, and more. The worksheets have answer keys and worked-out solutions. https://www.mathgoodies.com/worksheets/percent-and-proportions-wks .
- Practical Money Skills : Financial Literacy for Kids . This website has a wealth of resources that teach your 6th grader about financial literacy concepts such as budgeting, saving, investing, credit, debt, and more. The resources include games, videos, comics, articles, quizzes, calculators, and lesson plans. https://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/learn/financial_literacy/kids .
- Math Blaster : Money Math Problems . This website has a fun and challenging game that tests your 6th grader's money math skills. The game involves solving money problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, and percentages. The game has different difficulty levels and rewards your 6th grader with coins that can be used to buy items for their virtual space station. https://www.mathblaster.com/parents/math-games/money-math-problems .
Thank you for sharing the links of MathSkills4Kids.com with your loved ones. Your choice is greatly appreciated.
Money math is an essential skill for 6th graders to learn and master. It helps them understand the value of money, make smart financial decisions, and prepare for the real world.
By reviewing the basic money concepts, learning the money math skills for 6th grade, doing the money math activities and worksheets for 6th grade, and using the bonus money math resources for sixth-graders practice, you can help your 6th grader become a money math whiz!
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
This is mathskills4kids.com a premium math quality website with original Math activities and other contents for math practice. We provide 100% free Math ressources for kids from Preschool to Grade 6 to improve children skills.
Data & Graphs
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our team Don't Pass on to third parties any identifiable information about mathskills4kids.com users. Your email address and other information will NEVER be given or sold to a third party.
USE OF CONTENTS
Many contents are released for free but you're not allowed to share content directly (we advise sharing website links), don't use these contents on another website or for a commercial issue. You're supposed to protect downloaded content and take it for personal or classroom use. Special rule : Teachers can use our content to teach in class.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Math by topic
Download & Print Only $4.00
Money and counting money worksheets.
Our money worksheets start with identifying coins and their values and progress through counting coins and shopping problems..
Choose your grade / topic:
Kindergarten money worksheets, grade 1 money worksheets, grade 2 money worksheets.
Grade 3 money worksheets
- Matching coins to their names
- Matching coins to their values
- Identify and color different coins
- Count small numbers of coins
- Counting U.S. coins (up to 6 coins)
- Counting Canadian coins (up to 6 coins)
- Counting money (coins only) word problems
- Identifying international coins
- Counting up to 10 U.S. coins
- Counting U.S. coins and bills (up to $5)
- Counting Canadian coins including loonies and toonies
- Money in words (numbers to words)
- Money in words (words to numbers)
- Counting money (coins and bills) word problems
- Money word problems
Grade 3 money worksheets
- Counting U.S. coins and bills
- Counting Canadian money (coins and bills)
- Shopping word problems
- Money in words
Grade 4 money worksheets
- Word problems using money ($X.XX) notation
Time and calendar worksheets
Sample Money Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Mathematics Year 6 - Assets & LIability
money year 6
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
- Week 9- 22.06 Money
- School Closure Work
- White Rose Maths videos and sheets
- Lesson 1 - Pounds and pence.pdf
- Lesson 2 - Ordering money.pdf
- Lesson 3 - Estimating money.pdf
- Lesson 4 - Four operations.pdf
- Lesson 1 Answers - Pounds and pence.pdf
- Lesson 2 Answers - Ordering money.pdf
- Lesson 3 Answers - Estimating money.pdf
- Lesson 4 Answers - Four operations.pdf
- Worksheet 1- Hours, minutes and seconds 2020.pdf
- Worksheet 2 Years, months, weeks and days 2020.pdf
- Calendar to support Worksheet 2.pdf
- Worksheet 3- Converting analogue to digital- 12 hour clock.pptx
- Worksheet 3 Analogue to digital - 12 hour 2020.pdf
- Worksheet 4- Introducing the 24-Hour Clock.pptx
- Worksheet 4- EXTRA POWERPOINT Converting analogue to digital- 12 hour clock.pptx
- Converting help sheet.pdf
- Worksheet 4 Analogue to digital - 24 hour 2020.pdf
- Answers to worksheet 1- Hours, minutes and seconds 2020.pdf
- Answers to worksheet 2- Years, months, weeks and days 2020.pdf
- Answers to worksheet 3- Analogue to digital - 12 hour 2020.pdf
- Answers to worksheet 4- Analogue to digital - 24 hour 2020.pdf
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed. An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.
Need help? Open
- What our subscribers say...
- How to videos
- Create new account
- Reset your password
Year 6 Money maths worksheets
Free worksheets: money maths, ks2 y6.
You’ll need to login or Register first to access these worksheets for free.
Once you’ve tried out our free worksheets, why not explore all our resources (1000s of worksheets, interactive tutorials, learning packs and more) with a 14-day FREE trial subscription .
Convert pence into pounds
Solving subtraction money problems
Debit and credit game
KS2 maths puzzles: Secret Agent maths
Using a calculator to solve problems
Cool maths games for kids
Turning pence into pounds
Mastering money maths
Solving problems with the right operations
Practising money calculations
Solving money word problems using division
Free Printable Money Math Worksheets for 6th Class
Money Math: Discover a comprehensive collection of free printable math worksheets for Class 6 students, designed to enhance their understanding of money-related concepts and problem-solving skills.
Recommended Topics for you
- Identifying Coins
- Operations with Money
Explore worksheets by grade
- worksheets /
Explore printable Money Math worksheets for 6th Class
Money Math worksheets for Class 6 are an essential tool for teachers looking to enhance their students' understanding of financial concepts and mathematical skills. These worksheets provide a wide range of engaging and challenging problems that cover topics such as calculating percentages, understanding simple and compound interest, and working with decimals and fractions. By incorporating these worksheets into their lesson plans, teachers can ensure that their Class 6 students develop a strong foundation in money management and math, preparing them for more advanced concepts in the future. With a variety of formats and difficulty levels, Money Math worksheets for Class 6 cater to the diverse learning needs of students, making them an invaluable resource for teachers.
Quizizz offers an extensive collection of interactive worksheets, including Money Math worksheets for Class 6, that can be easily integrated into a teacher's curriculum. This platform not only provides a vast array of worksheets but also allows teachers to create their own quizzes and assessments to further engage their students and track their progress. In addition to Money Math worksheets, Quizizz offers resources for various other subjects, such as science, social studies, and language arts, making it a one-stop solution for teachers looking to diversify their teaching materials. By utilizing Quizizz, teachers can ensure that their Class 6 students receive a well-rounded education, while also making learning fun and interactive.